Report Description of the Vietnam Dental Care Market Analysis
Research Scope and Assumption
- The report provides the market value for the base year 2020 and a yearly forecast up to 2028 in terms of revenue (USD billion)
- The key industry dynamics, regulatory scenario, reimbursement scenario, major market trends, and drug markets are evaluated to understand their impacts on the demand for the forecast period. The growth rates were estimated using correlation, regression, and time-series analysis
- We have used the combination of top-down and bottom-up approach for market sizing, analyzing key regional markets, dynamics, and trends for various solutions, services, and end uses
- All market estimates and forecasts have been validated through primary interviews with the Key Industry Players (KIPs) and secondary analysis
- Inflation has not been accounted for in order to estimate and forecast the market
- Numbers may not add up due to rounding off
Reason to buy the report:
- Facilitate decision-making based on strong current and forecast data for Vietnam Dental Care Market Analysis
- Develop strategies based on the latest regulatory framework
- Strategically analyze micro-markets with respect to individual growth trends, future prospects, and their contribution to the market
- Analyze competitive developments such as expansions, investments, mergers & acquisitions, new product developments, and research & developments in the Vietnam Dental Care Market Analysis
- Analyze the opportunities in the market for stakeholders and draw a competitive landscape for market leaders
- To strategically profile key players and comprehensively analyze their market shares and core competencies
- We have technically sound team which do a deep dive research and also provide strategy based consulting analysis
Vietnam Dental Care Market Analysis Executive Summary
Dental instruments are tools that dental professionals use to provide dental treatment. They include tools to examine, manipulate, treat, restore, and remove teeth and surrounding oral structures. Standard instruments are the instruments used to examine, restore, and extract teeth, and to manipulate tissues. A dental crown covers the damaged tooth and restores its shape, size, strength, and improves its overall appearance. A dental bridge is used to fill the gap created by one or more missing teeth.
Market Size and Key Findings
The Vietnam Dental Care Market Analysis size stood at around USD xx% billion in 2020 and is projected to reach USD xx billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 5.6% during the forecast period.
The market is expected to register a positive CAGR of 5.6% in terms of revenue generated through dental services and a CAGR of 2.0% in terms of total number of dental clinics during the forecast period
Market Growth Drivers Analysis
The dental services market in Vietnam is at a growing stage and has showcased tremendous growth in terms of revenues and the total number of clinics on the back of increasing dental problems in the country and popularity of the dental tourism due to reasonably priced dental services. The increase in the awareness towards the dental treatments has also proved to be a contributing factor in the development of this sector.
The increased cost of services due to high cost of dental equipment is a significant factor that may hamper the market growth during the forecast period. Hospitals may also be under more pressure to raise prices to compensate for lower volume. There are major opposing influences, though.
Covid-19 Market Impact Analysis
Dentists are a sector of the population with a high potential risk of infection and transmission of COVID-19. Concerning the use of PPE for infection control, our data showed that the majority of the respondents adopt it. Some healthcare facilities, including dental offices, are experiencing shortages of PPE, including gowns, face shields, face masks, and respirators, as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. This may impact PPE availability for dentistry.
Competition within Vietnam dental services market was observed to be fragmented along with the presence of large number of dental clinics (both domestic as well as international) thus, providing dental services within Vietnam. As of 2018, there were approximately ~2,000 dental clinics within Vietnam. Some of the major dental clinics established in the country include KIM Dental, Australian Dental Clinics, Dental Implant Center, Starlight Dental Clinic and Saigon BH Dental Clinic which were witnessed to lead in terms of revenue during 2018. Other major dental clinics include Serenity International Dental Clinic, Lan Anh Dental Clinic My Hung, CAMTU Dental Clinic, Westcoast International Dental Clinic, Dentistry Paris Tan Binh, Nha Khoa Parkway and rest. The dental services market in Vietnam competes on the basis of price of the dental services, number of branches, presence and value added services.
Products in Pipeline
- Datum Dental, Ltd, leading provider of OSSIX® brand innovative solutions for bone and tissue regeneration for dentistry, announces expansion of its global distribution network. In the USA, Dentsply Sirona Implants is now promoting the full OSSIX® line (OSSIX Plus, OSSIX Volumax, and OSSIX Bone).
Notable Recent Deals
- DKSH Vietnam was approached to drive sales growth for the dental business of this company. Although the dental business was new to DKSH Vietnam at the time, drawing on our extensive global and local expertise, our Healthcare team created a comprehensive strategy for this client.
Healthcare Policies and Regulatory Landscape
Policy changes and Reimbursement scenario
The prevalence of dental caries in primary and permanent teeth was high among secondary school children in Vietnam’s rural highlands. It is recommended that interventions focus on younger secondary school children and the Jarai minority ethnic group, and that interventions should emphasize improving knowledge, attitudes, and practices related to dental caries. Vietnam has made remarkable progress in improving public health over the past few decades. However, an effective oral care strategy is still undeveloped and existing strategies have not met the needs of the population. Although previous studies in Vietnam indicated a high prevalence of dental caries in primary and permanent teeth in children, these studies used outdated datasets or small sample sizes, or focused only on urban areas. To date, no studies regarding the prevalence of dental caries in children in rural highland areas of Vietnam have been conducted. Similarly, few studies have been conducted that investigated the factors associated with dental caries that include patient knowledge, attitudes, and practices related to dental caries. Thus, this study aims to determine the prevalence of dental caries in primary and permanent teeth and identify factors associated with dental caries in secondary school children in rural highland Vietnam.