Report Description of the UK Atopic Dermatitis Treatment Market
Research Scope and Assumption
- The report provides the market value for the base year 2020 and a yearly forecast up to 2028 in terms of revenue (USD billion)
- The key industry dynamics, regulatory scenario, reimbursement scenario, major market trends, and drug markets are evaluated to understand their impacts on the demand for the forecast period. The growth rates were estimated using correlation, regression, and time-series analysis
- We have used the combination of top-down and bottom-up approach for market sizing, analyzing key regional markets, dynamics, and trends for various solutions, services, and end uses
- All market estimates and forecasts have been validated through primary interviews with the Key Industry Players (KIPs) and secondary analysis
- Inflation has not been accounted for in order to estimate and forecast the market
- Numbers may not add up due to rounding off
- To analyze and forecast the market size of UK Atopic Dermatitis Drugs market
- To classify and forecast UK Atopic Dermatitis Market market based on application, drugs, project type, and application.
- To identify drivers and challenges for UK Atopic Dermatitis market
- To examine competitive developments such as mergers and acquisitions, agreements, collaborations and partnerships, etc., in UK Atopic Dermatitis market
- To conduct pricing analysis for UK Atopic Dermatitis Drugs market
- To identify and analyze the profile of leading players operating in UK Atopic Dermatitis market
Reason to buy the report:
- Facilitate decision-making based on strong current and forecast data for Atopic Dermatitis drug market
- Develop strategies based on the latest regulatory framework
- Strategically analyze micro-markets with respect to individual growth trends, future prospects, and their contribution to the market
- Analyze competitive developments such as expansions, investments, mergers & acquisitions, new product developments, and research & developments in the Atopic Dermatitis market
- Analyze the opportunities in the market for stakeholders and draw a competitive landscape for market leaders
- To strategically profile key players and comprehensively analyze their market shares and core competencies
- We have technically sound team which do a deep dive research and also provide strategy-based consulting analysis
UK Atopic Dermatitis Market Executive Summary
The United Kingdom (UK) has a high prevalence of UK Atopic Dermatitis, affecting 11-20% of children and 5-10% of adults. Approximately 2% of all cases of childhood AD in the UK are severe. Despite this, most AD treatments are performed at home, with little contact with healthcare providers or services. Here, we discuss the course of AD, treatment practices, and unmet need in the UK. In next few years, the market of UK Atopic Dermatitis in UK expected to grow enormously with growing population.
Market Size and Key Findings
The UK Atopic Dermatitis treatment market size is at around USD xx billion in 2020 and is projected to reach USD xx billion in 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of xx% during the forecast period.
Atopic dermatitis is most common in infants especially in the first year after birth. According to the British Association of Dermatologists, one in every 5 children in the United Kingdom is affected by eczema at some stage. According to the estimates of the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence, atopic dermatitis affects 1 in every 12 adults in the United Kingdom. This in turn is propelling the growth of the market during the forecast period.
Market Growth Drivers Analysis
The market drivers include rising a growing patient population, numerous new products launches, climate change and also massive advancements in atopic dermatitis treatment. This factors are estimated to driven the atopic dermatitis market in UK.
The critical restrictions on market expansion are stringent regulations and generic competition. In addition, the lack of competent individuals in hospitals and clinics and changes in economic strategy have a detrimental impact on the atopic dermatitis treatment market growth rate. Further, the market growth is slowed by the high cost of treatment procedures due to sophisticated features.
COVID-19 impact on “UK Atopic Dermatitis Treatment Market”
As the result of COVID-19 there is lockdown and some restrictions throughout the borders. There is great economical unbalance throughout the world. Many segments have to face economic crises. But many companies of pharmaceutical sector still continue the manufacturing of products used for the treatment of atopic dermatitis. They fulfill the demand of patients and physicians of atopic dermatitis products. There is also increase in the demand of these products and also the price of these products gets increased. This is also beneficial for the leading players in atopic dermatitis market and thus many companies in derma sector gain extra profit in pandemic of COVID-19
Prominent Companies leading the Europe Atopic Dermatitis Treatment Market Profiled in the Report are Astellas Pharma Inc., Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc., and Sanofi S.A. Other players in the market include Anacor Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Meda Pharmaceuticals, Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Inc., and Novartis International AG, Pfizer Inc.
Products in Pipeline
Phosphodiesterase is one of the targets. Crisaborole cream (brand name Eucrisa), a phosphodiesterase-4 inhibitor, was recently launched in North America and has been shown to have a very significant impact on itching. It should soon be available in the UK. It’s not going to change the world but it will lead to more research into phosphodiesterase inhibitors. Other drugs in this group have reached phase 2 and 3 levels in trials. It’s likely that these will be effective non-steroid treatments – particularly for itching – and will probably be as effective as topical calcineurin inhibitors (tacrolimus and pimecrolimus).
Notable Recent Deals
Pfizer Inc. Announced the UK Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) has granted Great Britain marketing authorization for CIBINQO® (abrocitinib), an oral, once-daily, Janus kinase 1 (JAK1) inhibitor, for the treatment of moderate to severe atopic dermatitis (AD) in adults and adolescents aged 12 years and over, who are candidates for systemic therapy. Abrocitinib is licensed in Great Britain in recommended doses of 100mg and 200mg. This is the first marketing authorization worldwide for this treatment.
Healthcare Policies and Regulatory Landscape
Policy changes and Reimbursement scenario of UK Atopic Dermatitis Treatment
The UK’s Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) and the European Commission (EC) have both approved Adtralza (tralokinumab) for the treatment of moderate-to-severe atopic dermatitis in adult patients who are candidates for systemic therapy. The approvals make tralokinumab the first and only approved biologic that specifically targets the interleukin 13 (IL-13) cytokine, a key driver of atopic dermatitis signs and symptoms.