Report Description of the Sweden Oncology Drugs Market
Research Scope and Assumption
- The report provides the market value for the base year 2020 and a yearly forecast up to 2028 in terms of revenue (USD billion)
- The key industry dynamics, regulatory scenario, reimbursement scenario, major market trends, and drug markets are evaluated to understand their impacts on the demand for the forecast period. The growth rates were estimated using correlation, regression, and time-series analysis
- We have used the combination of top-down and bottom-up approach for market sizing, analyzing key regional markets, dynamics, and trends for various solutions, services, and end uses
- All market estimates and forecasts have been validated through primary interviews with the Key Industry Players (KIPs) and secondary analysis
- Inflation has not been accounted for in order to estimate and forecast the market
- Numbers may not add up due to rounding off
- To analyze and forecast the market size of Sweden Oncology Drugs Drugs market
- To classify and forecast Sweden Oncology Drugs Market market based on application, drugs, project type, and application.
- To identify drivers and challenges for Sweden Oncology Drugs market
- To examine competitive developments such as mergers and acquisitions, agreements, collaborations and partnerships, etc., in Sweden Oncology Drugs market
- To conduct pricing analysis for Sweden Oncology Drugs Drugs market
- To identify and analyze the profile of leading players operating in Sweden Oncology Drugs market
Reason to buy the report:
- Facilitate decision-making based on strong current and forecast data for Atopic Dermatitis drug market
- Develop strategies based on the latest regulatory framework
- Strategically analyze micro-markets with respect to individual growth trends, future prospects, and their contribution to the market
- Analyze competitive developments such as expansions, investments, mergers & acquisitions, new product developments, and research & developments in the Atopic Dermatitis market
- Analyze the opportunities in the market for stakeholders and draw a competitive landscape for market leaders
- To strategically profile key players and comprehensively analyze their market shares and core competencies
- We have technically sound team which do a deep dive research and also provide strategy-based consulting analysis
Sweden Oncology Drugs Market Executive Summary
In 2018, cancer accounted for 25% and cardiovascular 33% of Sweden’s 92,000 deaths,respectively. Breast cancer for women and prostate cancer for men are the most common diagnoses, but lung cancer causes the most deaths overall, consequently leading to the growth of the market.
Market Size and Key Findings
The Sweden Oncology Drugs market size is at around USD xx billion in 2021 and is projected to reach USD xx billion in 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of xx% during the forecast period.
There are factors attributed to the rising incidence of cancer, i.e., unhealthy lifestyles and inappropriate diet, obesity, and lack of physical activity. Thus, the growing incidence and prevalence of cancer are likely to drive the growth of the Oncology market in Sweden during the forecast period.
Market Growth Drivers Analysis
The driving factors for the growth of the Sweden oncology market include the ease in regulatory approval for novel cancer therapy in Europe, an increase in healthcare spending for cancer, rising prevalence of cancer, and strong R&D initiatives from key players.
Inequality in access of cancer therapy and High cost of cancer therapies are associated with the oncology drugs are likely to restrain the growth of the market.
COVID-19 impact on “Sweden Oncology Drugs Market”
The pandemic has directly affected the supply of oncology drugs to cancer patients; not only is it difficult to administer chemotherapy and certain other treatments outside of a clinic, but the spread of coronavirus has reduced patients’ willingness and ability to access not just treatments, but trials for new medicines.
COVID-19’s interference with the research and development of new treatments is one of the most significant blows that has been dealt to the cancer drugs market.
Key market players include Amgen Inc., Bayer AG, Bristol-Meyrs Squibb Company, Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, GlaxoSmithKline PLC, Johnson & Johnson, Merck & Co. Inc., Novartis AG and Pfizer Inc.
Products in Pipeline
Oncopeptides AB (publ) (Nasdaq Stockholm: ONCO), a biotech company focused on research and development of therapies for difficult-to-treat hematological diseases, today announces that the data from the randomized head-to-head phase 3 OCEAN study, evaluating the efficacy and safety of melflufen (INN melphalan flufenamide) plus dexamethasone versus pomalidomide plus dexamethasone in lenalidomide refractory patients with relapsed refractory multiple myeloma (RRMM) that have received 2-4 prior lines of therapy.
Notable Recent Deals
13 January 2022
AstraZeneca has signed a collaboration agreement with Scorpion Therapeutics to discover, develop and commercialise precision medicines against previously hard-to-target cancer proteins, with the potential to transform oncology treatment.The new collaboration focuses on a class of proteins called transcription factors, which control gene expression and can regulate important cellular processes including cell growth and survival. Many transcription factors have long been identified as important targets for new cancer treatments and as drivers of disease, but have previously been considered ‘undruggable’ using conventional drug discovery approaches.
Healthcare Policies and Regulatory Landscape
Policy changes and Reimbursement scenario of Sweden Oncology Drugs Services
Patient fees and other out-of-pocket payments for oncology are very minor. Although user fees have an important role in Swedish health care from a utilization management standpoint, in practice oncology treatment and drugs are close to free as patients are likely to have met user fee caps by the time they have entered the care pathway. However, for the early stages of the care continuum, fees can still apply. Under a recent agreement with SALAR (REF Ds 2018:25), the national government imposed new regulations to ensure zero fees for cervical cancer testing, providing funding to cover the additional costs. This is one of many recent examples of how national government funding is used to drive national priorities via the decentralized health system structure.