Report Description of the Romania Oncology Drugs Market
Research Scope and Assumption
- The report provides the market value for the base year 2020 and a yearly forecast up to 2028 in terms of revenue (USD billion)
- The key industry dynamics, regulatory scenario, reimbursement scenario, major market trends, and drug markets are evaluated to understand their impacts on the demand for the forecast period. The growth rates were estimated using correlation, regression, and time-series analysis
- We have used the combination of top-down and bottom-up approach for market sizing, analyzing key regional markets, dynamics, and trends for various solutions, services, and end uses
- All market estimates and forecasts have been validated through primary interviews with the Key Industry Players (KIPs) and secondary analysis
- Inflation has not been accounted for in order to estimate and forecast the market
- Numbers may not add up due to rounding off
- To analyze and forecast the market size of Romania Oncology Drugs Drugs market
- To classify and forecast Romania Oncology Drugs Market market based on application, drugs, project type, and application.
- To identify drivers and challenges for Romania Oncology Drugs market
- To examine competitive developments such as mergers and acquisitions, agreements, collaborations and partnerships, etc., in Romania Oncology Drugs market
- To conduct pricing analysis for Romania Oncology Drugs Drugs market
- To identify and analyze the profile of leading players operating in Romania Oncology Drugs market
Reason to buy the report:
- Facilitate decision-making based on strong current and forecast data for Atopic Dermatitis drug market
- Develop strategies based on the latest regulatory framework
- Strategically analyze micro-markets with respect to individual growth trends, future prospects, and their contribution to the market
- Analyze competitive developments such as expansions, investments, mergers & acquisitions, new product developments, and research & developments in the Atopic Dermatitis market
- Analyze the opportunities in the market for stakeholders and draw a competitive landscape for market leaders
- To strategically profile key players and comprehensively analyze their market shares and core competencies
- We have technically sound team which do a deep dive research and also provide strategy-based consulting analysis
Romania Oncology Drugs Market Executive Summary
In 2012, the number of new cases of cancer in Romania was estimated at 78.760. In 2018, the estimated number of new cases is 83.461, so there is an increase in the overall incidence of cancer, although the population of Romania is steadily decreasing, consequently leading to the growth of the market.
Market Size and Key Findings
The Romania Oncology Drugs market size is at around USD xx billion in 2021 and is projected to reach USD xx billion in 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of xx% during the forecast period.
Number of new cases in 2020, both sexes, all ages Colorectum cencer(12,938), lung cancer (12,122), Breast cancer (12,085), Prostate cancer(8055), Bladder cancer(5,135) and other cancers (48,5810. Thus, the growing incidence and prevalence of cancer are likely to drive the growth of the Oncology market in Romania during the forecast period.
Market Growth Drivers Analysis
The driving factors for the growth of the Romania oncology market include the ease in regulatory approval for novel cancer therapy in Europe, an increase in healthcare spending for cancer, rising prevalence of cancer, and strong R&D initiatives from key players.
Inequality in access of cancer therapy and High cost of cancer therapies are associated with the oncology drugs are likely to restrain the growth of the market.
COVID-19 impact on “Romania Oncology Drugs Market”
The pandemic has directly affected the supply of oncology drugs to cancer patients; not only is it difficult to administer chemotherapy and certain other treatments outside of a clinic, but the spread of coronavirus has reduced patients’ willingness and ability to access not just treatments, but trials for new medicines.
Pandemic’s interference with the research and development of new treatments is one of the most significant blows that has been dealt to the cancer drugs market.
Key market players include Amgen Inc., Bayer AG, Bristol-Meyrs Squibb Company, Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, GlaxoSmithKline PLC, Johnson & Johnson, Merck & Co. Inc., Novartis AG and Pfizer Inc.
Products in Pipeline
Pfizer has pipeline drugs – ER+/HER2- Metastatic Breast Cancer ER-targeting PROTAC® protein degrader, transforming growth factor, beta receptor 1 (TGFBR1) Inhibitor, both are in Phase 1 trial.
Notable Recent Deals
29 October 2021
Romanian private medical services provider MedLife Medical System (M), listed on the Bucharest Stock Exchange (BVB), confirmed the acquisition of 50% of the shares of Neolife Romania oncology centres, one of the largest medical players in the oncology segment in Romania and a well-known player in Eastern Europe.
This acquisition is an essential step in the development of oncology at the group level, Neolife being a solid brand in the radiation oncology and nuclear medicine market segments in Turkey, Romania, and the region, with exceptional results for Romanian patients.
Healthcare Policies and Regulatory Landscape
Policy changes and Reimbursement scenario of Romania Oncology Drugs Services
Firm antitobacco policies were implemented, in agreement with the MPOWER strategies recommended by the World Health Organization (WHO). As of January 2012, the recognized “official” standard of care in lung cancer is still represented by the 2009 edition of the European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO) guidelines. Cancer treatment is free, as the National Program of Oncology covers the budget for all cytotoxic agents and targeted therapy. However, reimbursement for several expensive drugs such as pemetrexed, erlotinib, and bevacizumab is individually approved by a centralized commission.