Report Description of the Italy Dental Care Market Analysis
Research Scope and Assumption
- The report provides the market value for the base year 2020 and a yearly forecast up to 2028 in terms of revenue (USD billion)
- The key industry dynamics, regulatory scenario, reimbursement scenario, major market trends, and drug markets are evaluated to understand their impacts on the demand for the forecast period. The growth rates were estimated using correlation, regression, and time-series analysis
- We have used the combination of top-down and bottom-up approach for market sizing, analyzing key regional markets, dynamics, and trends for various solutions, services, and end uses
- All market estimates and forecasts have been validated through primary interviews with the Key Industry Players (KIPs) and secondary analysis
- Inflation has not been accounted for in order to estimate and forecast the market
- Numbers may not add up due to rounding off
Reason to buy the report:
- Facilitate decision-making based on strong current and forecast data for Italy Dental Care Market Analysis
- Develop strategies based on the latest regulatory framework
- Strategically analyze micro-markets with respect to individual growth trends, future prospects, and their contribution to the market
- Analyze competitive developments such as expansions, investments, mergers & acquisitions, new product developments, and research & developments in the Italy Dental Care Market Analysis
- Analyze the opportunities in the market for stakeholders and draw a competitive landscape for market leaders
- To strategically profile key players and comprehensively analyze their market shares and core competencies
- We have technically sound team which do a deep dive research and also provide strategy based consulting analysis
Italy Dental Care Market Analysis Executive Summary
Dental instruments are tools that dental professionals use to provide dental treatment. They include tools to examine, manipulate, treat, restore, and remove teeth and surrounding oral structures. Standard instruments are the instruments used to examine, restore, and extract teeth, and to manipulate tissues. As in many other European countries, Italian dentists are currently facing multiple challenges. The number of patients, although steadily rising, has not yet returned to normality; apart from the aforementioned misinterpretations regarding the importance of oral health, this fact is directly relatable to the unemployment crisis that we currently face. This tendency manifests overtly in already underrepresented social groups: first-generation migrants, elderly patients and low-income families. If not effectively contrasted, this trend will lead to a decrease in preventive and restorative care, the cornerstone of a clinical approach proven to be highly efficient, aesthetically pleasing, and cost-effective for patients and healthcare providers alike. Moreover, by prioritising some forms of treatment over others, the pandemic is putting a dent in the holistic approach for medicine; a progressive and inclusive vision for the future of healthcare, aimed at the patient’s well-being intended as a whole, in which oral health finds its natural place.
Market Size and Key Findings
The Italy Dental Care Market Analysis size stood at around USD xx% billion in 2020 and is projected to reach USD xx billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of xx% during the forecast period.
Market Growth Drivers Analysis
Due to the increasing aging population, there has been an increase in the number of dental implants and oral surgeries being performed. Several risk factors, such as smoking, poor oral hygiene, diabetes, medication, and hereditary conditions are responsible for dental diseases. ` Thereby, fueling the market growth. Hence, the growing geriatric population and the increasing rate of tooth decay are expected to increase the burden of oral diseases and this trend is expected to continue in the forecast period.
Increasing Cost of Surgeries, Lack of awareness in Dental Devices are a major restraining factor. The increased cost of services due to high cost of dental equipment is a significant factor that may hamper the market growth during the forecast period. Hospitals may also be under more pressure to raise prices to compensate for lower volume.
Covid-19 Market Impact Analysis
Since February 2020, there has been no COVID-19 outbreak directly related to dental attendance. Less than 8% of the physicians who died of COVID-19 in Italy were dentists; more than half of them fell ill during the first two months of the pandemic when contact tracing was difficult and preventive measures were still in development. Something that can be postponed without profound implications for general and individual well-being; an ancillary vision of dental health proved wrong and short-sightedness on numerous occasions, sadly resurfaced during this crisis.
The market players are committed in developing innovative solutions for customers and patients, generating proven clinical outcomes. The major players in the market are 3M Company, A-Dec Inc., Biolase Inc., Carestream Health Inc., Dentsply Sirona, Envista Holdings Corporation, GC Corporation, and Planmeca.
Products in Pipeline
- In November 2019, 3Shape partnered with Ivoclar to integrate the 3Shape TRIOS Intraoral Scanner and the TRIOS Design Studio to provide an advanced CAD/CAM milling solution.
- In April 2020, Planmeca group launched Planmeca ProScanner 2.0 imaging plate scanner, which is used for fast and dependable intraoral imaging. The system is durable and supports everyday tasks at a dental clinic. This strategy will expand the company’s product portfolio.
Notable Recent Deals
- DENTSPLY Sirona recently predicted that its sales in the Chinese, South Korean, Taiwanese, and Japanese markets would fall by a cumulative USD 60–70 million in FY 2020.
- As vaccines roll out and the pandemic situation is better controlled, especially in North America and Europe, more elective dental procedures can be expected to be carried out from Q2 2021. This would boost the recovery of the dental equipment market.
Healthcare Policies and Regulatory Landscape
Policy changes and Reimbursement scenario
Since the beginning of the pandemic, ANDI (National Association of Italian Dentists) worked in connection with the National Chamber of Dentistry (CAO) and the Ministry of Health to coordinate the crisis approach. An official commission was soon established to answer dental health needs, provide safety measures for clinics, organise PPE bulk orders and distribution plus guide reopening. The commission provided a controlled space for data circulation, confrontation and debate for different actors involved in oral care while avoiding the risks of disorganised interaction with media and other institutions.
The situation remained unchanged from March to May 2020 when, following an improvement in pandemic-related statistics, dentists were authorised to return to normal working provided they followed the “Operating Procedures for Dental Practices during Phase 2 of the Covid-19 Pandemic” issued by the Scientific and Technical Committee set up by the government to oversee Phase 2 of the public health emergency.