Report Description of the Hong Kong Physiotherapy Market
Research Scope and Assumption
- The report provides the market value for the base year 2020 and a yearly forecast up to 2028 in terms of revenue (USD billion)
- The key industry dynamics, regulatory scenario, reimbursement scenario, major market trends, and drug markets are evaluated to understand their impacts on the demand for the forecast period. The growth rates were estimated using correlation, regression, and time-series analysis
- We have used the combination of top-down and bottom-up approach for market sizing, analyzing key regional markets, dynamics, and trends for various solutions, services, and end uses
- All market estimates and forecasts have been validated through primary interviews with the Key Industry Players (KIPs) and secondary analysis
- Inflation has not been accounted for in order to estimate and forecast the market
- Numbers may not add up due to rounding off
- To analyze and forecast the market size of Hong Kong Physiotherapy Device market
- To classify and forecast Hong Kong Physiotherapy Market market based on application, Device, project type, and application.
- To identify drivers and challenges for Hong Kong Physiotherapy market
- To examine competitive developments such as mergers and acquisitions, agreements, collaborations and partnerships, etc., in Hong Kong Physiotherapy market
- To conduct pricing analysis for Hong Kong Physiotherapy Device market
- To identify and analyze the profile of leading players operating in Hong Kong Physiotherapy market
Reason to buy the report:
- Facilitate decision-making based on strong current and forecast data for Atopic Dermatitis drug market
- Develop strategies based on the latest regulatory framework
- Strategically analyze micro-markets with respect to individual growth trends, future prospects, and their contribution to the market
- Analyze competitive developments such as expansions, investments, mergers & acquisitions, new product developments, and research & developments in the Atopic Dermatitis market
- Analyze the opportunities in the market for stakeholders and draw a competitive landscape for market leaders
- To strategically profile key players and comprehensively analyze their market shares and core competencies
- We have technically sound team which do a deep dive research and also provide strategy-based consulting analysis
Hong Kong Physiotherapy Market Executive Summary
In Hong Kong Repetitive strain injury (RSI) is a common and serious occupational health problem. About 60% of all occupational injuries are caused by repetitive strain. The injury is characterised by discomfort or persistent pain in muscles, tendons, and other soft tissues. Repetitive strain injuries are caused by repetitive movement, sustained or constrained postures, and forceful movements as well as stress and unfavourable working conditions, consequently physiotherapy market will grow in the future years.
Market Size and Key Findings
The Hong Kong Physiotherapy market size is at around Hong Kong USD xx billion in 2021 and is projected to reach Hong Kong USD xx billion in 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of xx% during the forecast period.
The University of Hong Kong carried out a study, showing that most (90%) frontline service workers (travel, retail, catering, outdoor, medical professionals, office executives, persons involved in manufacturing) reported feeling pain, paralysis,inflexibility, and stiffness in more than one area. Hence, Hong Kong physiotherapy market will grow during the forecast period.
Market Growth Drivers Analysis
Growing geriatric population, growing numbers of cardiovascular and neurological incidences, increasing numbers of sport injuries cases are the major factors driving the Hong Kong physiotherapy market.
High cost of physiotherapy equipment may hinder the market growth in the mentioned forecast period.
COVID-19 impact on “Hong Kong Physiotherapy Market”
The effects of COVID-19 on the general population In Hong Kong has resulted in more people staying indoors and not engaging in routine physical activity, thus causing a significant increase in aggravated muscle pain and other numerous back/mobility issues among the public. In addition, the high number of white collar occupations in Hong Kong means many workers spend the majority of their day hunched over a desk, contributing to a rise in poor posture and back issues among the general population. Hence, physiotherapy market in demand in the country.
Key physiotherapy company in Hong Kong are Honry Electronics Co., Limited Samson Medical Supplies, Health Castle Ltd., Euromed Technologies Company Limited., and others
Notable Recent Deals
14 April 2021, Hong Kong – Union Medical Healthcare Limited (“Union Medical Healthcare” or the “Company”, which together with its subsidiaries is referred to as the “Group”, SEHK stock code: 2138), the largest non-hospital medical group in Hong Kong, is pleased to announce that the Group will acquire a total 51% equity interest of a physiotherapy centre (the “target company”) in order to further consolidate the pain management business in Hong Kong. The financial results of the target company will be consolidated into the consolidated financial statements of the Group.
Healthcare Policies and Regulatory Landscape
Policy changes and Reimbursement scenario of Hong Kong Physiotherapy Services
Most health insurance plans in Hong Kong cover physiotherapy under in-patient and out-patient care. It is important to note that most plans require a doctor referral letter to be eligible for reimbursement; especially so for series of treatments. Insurance plans usually limit physiotherapy treatment reimbursements and such limits can be: a maximum number of sessions pay year; a maximum overall amount per year; and/or a maximum amount per session.