Report Description of the Global Pompe disease Drugs Market
Research Scope and Assumption
- The report provides the market value for the base year 2020 and a yearly forecast up to 2028 in terms of revenue (USD billion)
- The key industry dynamics, regulatory scenario, reimbursement scenario, major market trends, and drug markets are evaluated to understand their impacts on the demand for the forecast period. The growth rates were estimated using correlation, regression, and time-series analysis
- We have used the combination of top-down and bottom-up approach for market sizing, analyzing key regional markets, dynamics, and trends for various solutions, services, and end uses
- All market estimates and forecasts have been validated through primary interviews with the Key Industry Players (KIPs) and secondary analysis
- Inflation has not been accounted for in order to estimate and forecast the market
- Numbers may not add up due to rounding off
- To analyze and forecast the market size of Global Pompe disease Drugs market
- To classify and forecast Global Pompe disease Drugs market based on application, drugs, project type, and application
- To identify drivers and challenges for Global Pompe disease Drugs market
- To examine competitive developments such as mergers and acquisitions, agreements, collaborations and partnerships, etc., in Global Pompe disease Drugs market
- To conduct pricing analysis for Global Pompe disease Drugs market
- To identify and analyze the profile of leading players operating in Global Pompe disease Drugs market
Reason to buy the report:
- Facilitate decision-making based on strong current and forecast data for Global Pompe disease drug market
- Develop strategies based on the latest regulatory framework
- Strategically analyze micro-markets with respect to individual growth trends, future prospects, and their contribution to the market
- Analyze competitive developments such as expansions, investments, mergers & acquisitions, new product developments, and research & developments in the Global Pompe disease market
- Analyze the opportunities in the market for stakeholders and draw a competitive landscape for market leaders
- To strategically profile key players and comprehensively analyze their market shares and core competencies
- We have technically sound team which do a deep dive research and also provide strategy-based consulting analysis
Global Pompe disease Drug Market Executive Summary
The global pompe disease market is expected to witness significant growth through the forecast period. Pompe disease (glycogenosis type II) is a rare disorder affecting approximately 1 in 40,000 people in the U.S. Factors such as continued uptake of long-term therapies, the launch of novel drugs, and high Drug cost are propelling the market growth.
Market Size and Key Findings
The Global Pompe diseaseDrugs market size is at around USD 1,277 billion in 2019 and is projected to reach USD xx billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 3.7% during the forecast period.
The Global Pompe disease market is expected to witness substantial growth during the forecast period. The market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 3.7 percent during forecast period. This can be attributed to the great investments by market players in the research and development of Pompe disease therapy. Another factor is the growing penetration of drugs during the forecast period, and the existence of a strong pipeline.
Market Growth Drivers Analysis
According to the National Organization for Rare Disorders, the estimated frequency occurrence of Pompe disease is approximately 1 in 40,000 people in the US. The increase in the prevalence of pompe disease is driving the Pompe Disease Market owing towards the increase of manufacturers focusing on expanding their pipeline to cater to the demand for Pompe disease Drug. Governments have taken initiatives for developing and manufacturing innovative products for the diagnosis & Drug of Pompe disease is the other major factor driving growth of the Pompe Disease market.
Increasing developments in the gene therapy and enzyme replacement therapies are the primary factors driving the growth of Pompe disease Market. However, inflated costs associated with the Pompe disease therapy could hinder the market growth opportunities. Moreover, research activities performed to find an effective Drug for the disease and the growth in the special regulatory drug designations for orphan drugs can further create the growth opportunities for Pompe disease market.
The lack of cost-effective Drugs is restraining the growth of the market. The Drug is very expensive owing to the lack of FDA approved drugs which leads to the less affordability rate. The scarcity of low-cost Drug hampers the growth of the market owing towards the patients being uncured.
The Pompe Disease Market is moderately competitive and consists of several major players. Some of the companies which are currently dominating the market are Genzyme Corporation, Amicus Therapeutics, Valerion Therapeutics, Audentes Therapeutics, EpiVax, Inc, Oxyrane, and Sangamo Therapeutics.
Products in Pipeline
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has accepted for priority review the Biologics License Application (BLA) for avalglucosidase alfa for long-term enzyme replacement therapy for the Drug of patients with Pompe disease (acid α-glucosidase deficiency). The target action date for the FDA decision is May 18, 2021.
Avalglucosidase alfa is an investigational enzyme replacement therapy designed to improve the delivery of acid alpha-glucosidase (GAA) enzyme to muscle cells, and if approved, would offer a potential new standard of care for patients with Pompe disease.
Notable Recent Deals
Pharma companies are entering into multiple partnerships & collaborations in order to expand its offerings and enhance its capabilities to provide Pompe disease Drug solutions
Some Acquisition and Partnership deals are:
- The biotech companies Shireand NanoMedSyn have launched a new research partnership to evaluate a potential Drug for lysosomal storage disorders including Pompe disease. NanoMedSyn has developed an enzyme replacement therapy using proprietary technology called AMFA that was shown in preclinical models to have promising biological activity. The companies will now explore its potential in the Drug of these types of disorders.
Healthcare Policies and Regulatory Landscape
Pricing and Reimbursement scenario of pompe disease drug
Reimbursement for pompe disease Drug can be granted either under the commitment of assessing clinical performance by means of relevant health outcomes – “conditional reimbursement linked to performance” and “coverage with evidence development” – or by stemming the budget impact (financially based schemes) – “price-volume” and “per patient utilisation caps”. These reimbursement mechanisms have been categorised as managed entry agreements (MEAs) or market access agreements.