Report Description of the Germany Oncology Drugs Market
Research Scope and Assumption
- The report provides the market value for the base year 2020 and a yearly forecast up to 2028 in terms of revenue (USD billion)
- The key industry dynamics, regulatory scenario, reimbursement scenario, major market trends, and drug markets are evaluated to understand their impacts on the demand for the forecast period. The growth rates were estimated using correlation, regression, and time-series analysis
- We have used the combination of top-down and bottom-up approach for market sizing, analyzing key regional markets, dynamics, and trends for various solutions, services, and end uses
- All market estimates and forecasts have been validated through primary interviews with the Key Industry Players (KIPs) and secondary analysis
- Inflation has not been accounted for in order to estimate and forecast the market
- Numbers may not add up due to rounding off
- To analyze and forecast the market size of Germany Oncology Drugs Drugs market
- To classify and forecast Germany Oncology Drugs Market market based on application, drugs, project type, and application.
- To identify drivers and challenges for Germany Oncology Drugs market
- To examine competitive developments such as mergers and acquisitions, agreements, collaborations and partnerships, etc., in Germany Oncology Drugs market
- To conduct pricing analysis for Germany Oncology Drugs Drugs market
- To identify and analyze the profile of leading players operating in Germany Oncology Drugs market
Reason to buy the report:
- Facilitate decision-making based on strong current and forecast data for Atopic Dermatitis drug market
- Develop strategies based on the latest regulatory framework
- Strategically analyze micro-markets with respect to individual growth trends, future prospects, and their contribution to the market
- Analyze competitive developments such as expansions, investments, mergers & acquisitions, new product developments, and research & developments in the Atopic Dermatitis market
- Analyze the opportunities in the market for stakeholders and draw a competitive landscape for market leaders
- To strategically profile key players and comprehensively analyze their market shares and core competencies
- We have technically sound team which do a deep dive research and also provide strategy-based consulting analysis
Germany Oncology Drugs Market Executive Summary
In Germany, nearly a quarter of men and 20% of women die of cancer, and it is estimated that in Germany around 51% men and 43% women will develop cancer during lifetime, consequently leading to the growth of the market. The cancer diagnostics and profiling markets are growing, as the researchers approach major technological breakthroughs in tumor diagnosis and therapy, discover new specific antigens, and unlock the mystery of the genetic basis of the disease
Market Size and Key Findings
The Germany Oncology Drugs market size is at around USD xx billion in 2021 and is projected to reach USD xx billion in 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of xx% during the forecast period.
In Germany the cancer incidence case number as well as the number of deaths for the most common cancers in the German population for the years 2020 and 2030. By 2030, Breast Cancer cases (69,697) were seen to be the highest gaining 11% of the total cases observed in Germany followed by Prostate (67,959) and Lung Cancer (64,804) in the total cases (333,384) observed in 2020.
Market Growth Drivers Analysis
The driving factors for the growth of the cancer therapeutics market in Germany includes, ease in regulatory approval, increased healthcare spending for cancer, rising prevalence of cancer, strong R&D initiatives from key players.The direct cost of cancer has also increased, and thus, the cost of cancer drugs as a share of direct health costs has doubled. The increase in the cost of cancer treatment, along with drug prices, has resulted in the growth of the overall market. In addition, the heavy investments made in R&D activities have enhanced the development of cancer therapeutics. Furthermore, favorable government regulations for cancer therapeutics and a surge in cancer prevalence have boosted the market growth.
Inequality in access of cancer therapy and high Cost of Cancer Therapies associated with the oncology drugs are negatively influencing the growth of the market.
COVID-19 impact on “Germany Oncology Drugs Market”
The outbreak of COVID-19 has had a positive impact on the oncology drugs market globally. Certain market segments have witnessed a growth in demand for drugs with respect to the COVID-19 emergency. Panic buying of medications has been witnessed among the cancer patients amid lockdown
With an exceedingly competitive market comprising more than 40 companies, some of the renowned players are QIAGEN N.V., Abbott, Agilent Technologies, Applied Gene Technologies, Arca Biopharma, Beckman Coulter/Danaher, Becton Dickinsons and Others.
Products in Pipeline
Boehringer Ingelheim today announced the advancement of the bi-specific and tetravalent therapeutic antibody, BI 905711, to its first-in-human clinical trial for patients with advanced gastrointestinal (GI) cancers. The first-in-class BI 905711 antibody is designed to recognize both the pro-apoptotic tumor necrosis factor (TNF)-related apoptosis-inducing ligand receptor 2 (TRAILR2) and the tumor cell anchor cadherin 17 (CDH17) to activate the self-destruction (apoptosis) pathway in co-expressing tumor cells found mostly in the GI tract.
BI 905711is into Phase 1 clinical trials as we continue to grow oncology pipeline to transform patients’ lives. This bispecific platform has the potential to target complex mechanisms that may not be accessible with traditional antibody formats.
Notable Recent Deals
Boehringer Ingelheim and Lupin Limited (Lupin) today announced a licensing, development and commercialization agreement for Lupin’s MEK inhibitor compound (LNP3794) as a potential targeted therapy for patients with difficult-to-treat cancers. The partnership aims to develop Lupin’s lead MEK inhibitor compound in combination with one of Boehringer Ingelheim’s innovative KRAS inhibitors for patients with gastrointestinal and lung cancers harboring a broad range of oncogenic KRAS mutations.
Healthcare Policies and Regulatory Landscape
Policy changes and Reimbursement scenario of Germany Oncology Drugs Services
Prices for cancer drugs, especially newly developed drugs are rising significantly. In Germany, for example, Dr. Lauterbach estimates that from now to 2030, within only 15 years, expenditure on cancer drugs will increase from about 6 billion Euros per year to possibly 40 billion Euros per year.