Report Description of the EU Osteoporosis Market
Research Scope and Assumption
- The report provides the market value for the base year 2020 and a yearly forecast up to 2028 in terms of revenue (USD billion)
- The key industry dynamics, regulatory scenario, reimbursement scenario, major market trends, and drug markets are evaluated to understand their impacts on the demand for the forecast period. The growth rates were estimated using correlation, regression, and time-series analysis
- We have used the combination of top-down and bottom-up approach for market sizing, analyzing key regional markets, dynamics, and trends for various solutions, services, and end uses
- All market estimates and forecasts have been validated through primary interviews with the Key Industry Players (KIPs) and secondary analysis
- Inflation has not been accounted for in order to estimate and forecast the market
- Numbers may not add up due to rounding off
Reason to buy the report:
- Facilitate decision-making based on strong current and forecast data for EU Osteoporosis Treatment Market
- Develop strategies based on the latest regulatory framework
- Strategically analyze micro-markets with respect to individual growth trends, future prospects, and their contribution to the market
- Analyze competitive developments such as expansions, investments, mergers & acquisitions, new product developments, and research & developments in the EU Osteoporosis Drug market
- Analyze the opportunities in the market for stakeholders and draw a competitive landscape for market leaders
- To strategically profile key players and comprehensively analyze their market shares and core competencies
- We have technically sound team which do a deep dive research and also provide strategy-based consulting analysis
EU Osteoporosis Drugs market Executive Summary
Osteoporosis is a condition oriented with high-risk fractures in men, postmenopausal women, geriatric population. and others. Osteoporosis patients mainly tend to break bones, hip, forearms, spine, and wrist. Therefore, it is described as the metabolic disease that reduces bone mineral density leading to fracture. Thus, the increase in the prevalence of osteoporosis is boosting the osteoporosis drugs market growth. Osteoporosis is mainly observed in women. According to the International Osteoporosis Foundation, it is observed that 25% of women and 5% of men aged above 65 are considered as the majority of people suffering from osteoporosis
Market Size and Key Findings
The EU Osteoporosis Drugs market size stood at around USD XX billion in 2020 and is projected to reach USD xx billion by 2026, exhibiting a CAGR of 4% during the forecast period.
EU Osteoporosis Drugs market is likely to grow at remarkable rate during the forecast period. Some of factors that prompt to increase risk of osteoporosis are rheumatoid arthritis, family history of osteoporosis, long term usage of medications that affect bone strength or hormone level such as ora steroid is propagating the growth. Moreover, a rise in healthcare expenditure in discovery and drug development coupled with an increase in awareness of drugs available for the treatment of osteoporosis are the significant factors influencing the osteoporosis treatment market growth during the forecast period.
Market Growth Drivers Analysis
Osteoporosis drugs are mainly used in the treatment of the patients suffering from osteoporosis, multiple fractures, geriatric people suffering from osteoarthritis, and women suffering from postmenopausal disorders. A rise in awareness about disease and available treatment options has influenced the adoption of osteoporosis treatment across the globe. Therefore, the adoption of the osteoporosis treatment has triggered the manufacturers in the development of the new product. Evenity is indicated for the bone-forming monoclonal antibody which works by inhibiting the sclerostin activity by Increasing bone formation and reducing the bone resorption. Such introductions of advanced drug with more effectiveness are significantly driving the growth of the global osteoporosis drugs market during the forecast period.
Growth in the market for osteoporosis drugs is likely to be delayed due to side effects and risks involved with osteoporosis medications. For eg, heartburn, muscle and joint pain, diarrhea, and stomach or esophagus ulcers are risks associated with the drug class of bisphosphonates. Other than this, other classes of drugs also have side effects in patients. Many risks caused by osteoporosis medications include bone trauma, bone breaks, and urinary infection. Moreover, the patent expiry of new branded products and the restricted reimbursement by healthcare payers often adversely affect the growth of the market
Some of the key players include Amgen, Inc., F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., GlaxoSmithKline PLC (GSK), Merck & Co., Inc., Novartis AG, Pfizer, Inc., Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Teva Pharmaceuticals Industries Ltd., Allergan PLC, and Eli Lilly and Company.
Products in Pipeline
Purdue University innovators developed a stabilized form of human calcitonin, which is a peptide drug already used for people with osteoporosis. Researchers at Purdue created a prodrug form of the peptide hormone to increase its effectiveness as an osteoporosis treatment. In humans, calcitonin is the hormone responsible for normal calcium homeostasis. When prescribed to osteoporosis patients, calcitonin inhibits bone resorption, resulting in increased bone mass
Notable Recent Deals
The biosimilar teriparatide biosimilar named terrosa by GEDEON Richter was launched in Europe after the patent expiry for its reference product. This product is indicated for the treatment of osteoporosis in postmenopausal women and in men with a high risk of fracture along with osteoporosis associated with sustained systemic glucocorticoid therapy in women and men at increased risk of fracture.
Healthcare Policies and Regulatory Landscape
Policy changes and Reimbursement scenario
National guidelines of Europe for the assessment and treatment of osteoporosis are available from the majority of member states. Their scope variously covers post-menopausal women, men, glucocorticoid-induced osteoporosis and population-based screening.