Report Description of the EU NSCLC Therapeutics Market Analysis
Research Scope and Assumption
- The report provides the market value for the base year 2020 and a yearly forecast up to 2028 in terms of revenue (USD billion)
- The key industry dynamics, regulatory scenario, reimbursement scenario, major market trends, and drug markets are evaluated to understand their impacts on the demand for the forecast period. The growth rates were estimated using correlation, regression, and time-series analysis
- We have used the combination of top-down and bottom-up approach for market sizing, analyzing key regional markets, dynamics, and trends for various solutions, services, and end uses
- All market estimates and forecasts have been validated through primary interviews with the Key Industry Players (KIPs) and secondary analysis
- Inflation has not been accounted for in order to estimate and forecast the market
- Numbers may not add up due to rounding off
Reason to buy the report:
- Facilitate decision-making based on strong current and forecast data for EU NSCLC Therapeutics Market Analysis
- Develop strategies based on the latest regulatory framework
- Strategically analyze micro-markets with respect to individual growth trends, future prospects, and their contribution to the market
- Analyze competitive developments such as expansions, investments, mergers & acquisitions, new product developments, and research & developments in the EU NSCLC Therapeutics Market Analysis
- Analyze the opportunities in the market for stakeholders and draw a competitive landscape for market leaders
- To strategically profile key players and comprehensively analyze their market shares and core competencies
- We have technically sound team which do a deep dive research and also provide strategy based consulting analysis
EU NSCLC Therapeutics Market Analysis Executive Summary
A common cancer treatment is non-small cell lung cancer therapy, or NSCLC. NSCLC has the potential to metastasize in human bones, making it difficult to diagnose and treat. Non-small cell lung cancer accounts for 90 percent of all lung cancers. NSCLC therapies are designed to treat the cancer from its early stages to its terminal stage. Specialized proteins and simple chemistry combine to form them. A growing awareness due to several government initiatives has helped boost the development of the global non-small cell lung cancer therapeutics market.
Market Size and Key Findings
The EU NSCLC Therapeutics Market Analysis size stood at around USD xx billion in 2020 and is projected to reach USD xx billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 9.5% during the forecast period.
Europe, Germany is forecast to grow at approximately 9.5% CAGR.
Market Growth Drivers Analysis
The growing demand for targeted therapies, presence of highly efficient drugs, increase in geriatric population, and rise in the prevalence of unhealthy lifestyles are the prominent factors that drive the lung cancer therapeutics market. The arrival of Nano medicine to treat lung cancer and the growing approvals in the lung cancer therapeutics market fuel the opportunities for the rise in the lung cancer therapeutics market.
In contrast, poor cancer diagnostic facilities in many countries and the adverse effects of chemotherapies are the factors that are likely to restrain the global lung cancer therapeutics market.
The vendor landscape of the non-small cell lung cancer therapeutics market is a fragmented one because of the presence of numerous leading companies. Some of the most prominent brands in the global market are AstraZeneca Plc., Pfizer Inc., Eli Lilly and Company, Boehringer Ingelheim, Squibb, and Bristol Myers among others.
Products in Pipeline
In terms of pipeline, the global non-small cell lung cancer therapeutics market can be segmented in early stage (phase I and II) and late stage (phase III). In terms of class of drugs, the global market is further segmented into PD-1/PD-L1 inhibitor, kinase inhibitor, microtubule stabilizer, EGFR inhibitor, folate antimetabolites, and angiogenesis inhibitors.
Notable Recent Deals
- Tagrisso is expected to be dominate the market because of it selectively inhibits EGFR-TKI-sensitizing and EGFR T790M resistance mutations, also its use as first-line therapy in NSCLC does not lead to T790M mutations.
- Keytruda with physician’s familiarities and established clinical profile expected to take more share compared to canakinumab.
- The highest revenue is expected to be generated by Keytruda (pembrolizumab) by 2030.
Healthcare Policies and Regulatory Landscape
Policy changes and Reimbursement scenario
The current scenario of therapeutics for NSCLC is mainly based on the use of targeted therapies and immunotherapy’s. Especially the current paradigm is mainly associated with treatment specific to mutations that occur in NSCLC. NSCLC is characterized by the availability of a high number of branded therapies such as Keytruda, Opdivo, Tecentriq, Tagrisso, and others. Due to the high costs, some of the therapies are not able to show their cost-effectiveness and are unable to get a recommendation by assessment agencies. So, the access and reimbursement scenario of drugs for NSCLC is not easy as cost-effectiveness is a major barrier for therapies in NSCLC.
The recommendation of some drugs by NICE which are approved for NSCLC are Opdivo (Nivolumab), Tagrisso (osimertinib), Alunbrig (brigatinib), Keytruda (pembrolizumab), Nintedanib in combination with docetaxel, Durvalumab, Atezolizumab with carboplatin and nab-paclitaxel, among others.