Report Description of the EU Migraine Drug Market
Research Scope and Assumption
- The report provides the market value for the base year 2020 and a yearly forecast up to 2028 in terms of revenue (USD billion)
- The key industry dynamics, regulatory scenario, reimbursement scenario, major market trends, and drug markets are evaluated to understand their impacts on the demand for the forecast period. The growth rates were estimated using correlation, regression, and time-series analysis
- We have used the combination of top-down and bottom-up approach for market sizing, analyzing key regional markets, dynamics, and trends for various solutions, services, and end uses
- All market estimates and forecasts have been validated through primary interviews with the Key Industry Players (KIPs) and secondary analysis
- Inflation has not been accounted for in order to estimate and forecast the market
- Numbers may not add up due to rounding off
Reason to buy the report:
- Facilitate decision-making based on strong current and forecast data for EU Migraine Drug Market
- Develop strategies based on the latest regulatory framework
- Strategically analyze micro-markets with respect to individual growth trends, future prospects, and their contribution to the market
- Analyze competitive developments such as expansions, investments, mergers & acquisitions, new product developments, and research & developments in the Migraine Drug market
- Analyze the opportunities in the market for stakeholders and draw a competitive landscape for market leaders
- To strategically profile key players and comprehensively analyze their market shares and core competencies
- We have technically sound team which do a deep dive research and also provide strategy based consulting analysis
EU Migraine Drugs Market Executive Summary
EU Migraine Drugs Market, 2020-2028’to its database of market research collaterals consisting of overall market scenario with prevalent and future growth prospects, among other growth strategies used by key players to stay ahead of the game. Additionally, recent trends, mergers and acquisitions, growth analysis along with challenges that are affecting the growth of the market are also stated in the report.
Market Size and Key Findings
The EU Migraine Market size stood at around USD 1.22 billion in 2021 and is projected to reach USD xx billion by 2026, exhibiting a CAGR of 4.4% during the forecast period.
EU Migraine Market is likely to grow at remarkable rate during the forecast period. Migraines are a source of both lost productivity and medical costs The European market is the second-largest migraine drug market in the world. Growing patient population and escalating awareness among the patients relevant to the control and treatment of migraine are accelerating the market growth Germany, and France are the major contributors to the European region’s migraine drug market.
Market Growth Drivers Analysis
Prevalence of migraines is a crucial driver for this market. Today, many individuals suffer from migraine headaches. The rate of individuals getting these headaches is rising every year. The rise of these headaches is still unknown. However, the factors that trigger migraines are many. Lifestyle changes, poor food habits and underlying health conditions are factors causing migraine pain. Even though, it is not a chronic illness the severity of the headache is high. Some cases of migraine may fade away within minutes, days or weeks. However, if the condition continues proper checkups and drugs is essential to control.
Further, the patients already having migraine conditions require to take proper prevention drugs. Due to these factors, the demand for the migraine market is immense for the forecast period. The awareness about migraine is inclining the customers to take proper clinical drugs to control it. Earlier, many mistake migraines for ordinary headaches. Today, the high awareness creates more demand for the migraine market. Migraine in the female population is another crucial driver for this market. More than men women suffer from migraines during menstruation. It is another sector that will enhance the demand for the migraine market.
The side effects associated with migraine drugs is a major market restraint. Migraine drugs can provide immediate relief to the user. In the case of using preventive drugs, the risks of getting a migraine are lower. There are several benefits of taking proper migraine drugs. However, like any there drugs, the side effects of migraine drugs are restraining factors. Some of these side effects can be mild. In few cases, it can affect daily activities. Drowsiness, sleepy feeling and other side effects can hamper the demand for the market. The side effects of the drugs can impede the migraine medications market growth.
COVID-19 impact on “EU Migraine Drug Market”
The coronavirus pandemic has a damaging effect on several global markets. The health sector is busy with covid cases and patient care. The pharmaceutical and drug development industries demand rate is surging during this period. However, the market operations of the migraine market are affected due to the virus outbreak. The pharmaceutical industry is testing various drugs for the treatment of covid 19. Also, the testing of migraine drugs for covid is creating a positive impact on the market. The research of various dirges is tremendous during this period. Most of the biopharmaceutical companies are using this period to develop the drugs. The migraine drug market is taking measures of the drug compositions and their effects. The extensive research on the migraine market will increase the demand. Also, more range of drugs and treatments will be available in the upcoming years. All this will benefit the overall migraine market.
The competition in the migraine market is immense. The low-cost drugs by local competitors are a limitation in the market. Various product awareness strategies will happen in the market during the forecast period. Market acquisition, expansions, and innovation are part of the competitive landscape. The high investment will improve the overall performance of the market.
Key players operating in the Europe Migraine Drugs Market profiled in this report are Allergan, GlaxoSmithKline, Pfizer, Endo, Impax Laboratories. The other prominent vendors the market include AbbottAenel BioPharma, Alder Biopharmaceuticals, Amgen, Astellas, Bayer, Colucid, Eli Lilly. ptelGenx, Ethypharm, Johnson & Johnson, Kowa Pharmaceuticals America, Klaria, Luitpold Pharmaceuticals, AstraZeneca, Meda, Dr. Redoy’s Laboratories, OptiNose, Pfizer, Pozen, Eisai, Raptor, RedHill, SUDA, Teva, Aegis Therapeutics, Merck, TC Therapeutics, Nvaleant, Winston Pharmaceuticals, Allergan, and Zogenix.
Products in Pipeline
The Migraine Pipeline landscape is robust and fueled with new therapies which hold the promise to change the migraine treatment regimen in coming years.The key Migraine Pipeline drugs are Zavegepant, STS-101, Atogepant, LY-3451838, ALLOD 2, TRV-250, Prabotulinumtoxin A, HTL 0022562, UB 313, PUR-3100, TD 0148A, and others.
Notable Recent Deals
Biohaven Pharmaceutical Holding Company and Pfizer have partnered to market the Connecticut-based company’s migraine drug Nurtec ODT (rimegepant) outside of the United States once approved by global regulatory organizations.
For Biohaven, the partnership with Pfizer is valued at up to $1.24 billion in combined upfront and milestone payments. Biohaven will also receive tiered double-digit royalties under the collaboration. Nurtec ODT is currently under review by the European Medicines Agency and several additional regulatory authorities outside of the U.S.
Healthcare Policies and Regulatory Landscape
Pricing and Reimbursement scenario of Migraine Drugs
The European Medicines Agency’s (EMA) Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) has recommended granting a marketing authorisation for Emgality (galcanezumab), a monoclonal antibody for the prevention of migraine.