Report Description of the EU Alzheimer Disease Market Analysis
Research Scope and Assumption
- The report provides the market value for the base year 2020 and a yearly forecast up to 2028 in terms of revenue (USD billion)
- The key industry dynamics, regulatory scenario, reimbursement scenario, major market trends, and drug markets are evaluated to understand their impacts on the demand for the forecast period. The growth rates were estimated using correlation, regression, and time-series analysis
- We have used the combination of top-down and bottom-up approach for market sizing, analyzing key regional markets, dynamics, and trends for various solutions, services, and end uses
- All market estimates and forecasts have been validated through primary interviews with the Key Industry Players (KIPs) and secondary analysis
- Inflation has not been accounted for in order to estimate and forecast the market
- Numbers may not add up due to rounding off
Reason to buy the report:
- Facilitate decision-making based on strong current and forecast data for EU Alzheimer Disease Market Analysis
- Develop strategies based on the latest regulatory framework
- Strategically analyze micro-markets with respect to individual growth trends, future prospects, and their contribution to the market
- Analyze competitive developments such as expansions, investments, mergers & acquisitions, new product developments, and research & developments in the EU Alzheimer Disease Market Analysis
- Analyze the opportunities in the market for stakeholders and draw a competitive landscape for market leaders
- To strategically profile key players and comprehensively analyze their market shares and core competencies
- We have technically sound team which do a deep dive research and also provide strategy based consulting analysis
EU Alzheimer Disease Market Analysis Executive Summary
Alzheimer’s disease (AD) is the most common reason of progressive dementia in the elderly population. There has been an exponential rise in the number of cases of Alzheimer’s disease worldwide emphasizing the necessity for developing an effective treatment.
Market Size and Key Findings
The EU Alzheimer Disease Market Analysis size stood at around USD xx billion in 2020 and is projected to reach USD xx billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 5.75% during the forecast period.
The Alzheimer’s disease therapeutics and diagnostics market in Europe is expected to progress with 5.75% of CAGR over the forecast years 2021-2028.
Market Growth Drivers Analysis
There is an increasing in the demand for Alzheimer’s therapeutics and diagnostics. Population aging across the region is a major factor driving the market for Alzheimer’s therapeutics and diagnostics. Rising life expectancy is contributing to quick increases in number of aged population, and is associated with increased prevalence of chronic diseases like dementia.
Therapies for AD offer temporary and uncertain improvements in the well-being of individuals, and none of the approved drugs can modify the course of the disease advancement. Thus, the magnitude of the affected population and lack of suitable and effective treatment offers an incredible opportunity for drug manufacturers. However, identification of the primary reasons and mechanisms involved in AD are is limited. Drug manufacturers have been unable to validate significant clinical benefits of treatment for a numerous of new compounds due to strict regulations.
COVID-19 impact on “EU Alzheimer Disease Market”
Sudden outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic had led to the implementation of stringent lockdown regulations across several nations resulting in disruptions in import and export activities of Alzheimer’s Disease Therapeutics and Diagnostics. COVID-19 can affect the economy in three main ways: by directly affecting production and demand, by creating supply chain and market disruption, and by its financial impact on firms and financial markets.
Some of the key players in the market include, Pfizer Inc, Novartis AG, Merck & Co Inc, F. Hoffmann-La Roche, Lupin Limited, etc.
Products in Pipeline
- In 2020, the FDA approved 53 new drugs across all therapeutic categories. Four of these were agents administered as part of imaging procedures including flortaucipir (Tauvid) to be used with PET imaging of the brain to estimate the density and distribution of aggregated tau neurofibrillary tangles in adult patients with cognitive impairment who are being evaluated for AD.
Notable Recent Deals
- Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd (Roche or ‘the company’) develops and commercializes innovative therapeutic and diagnostic products. The company undertakes research, along with manufacturing products in several therapeutic areas like neuroscience, ophthalmology, immunology, oncology, and immunology. The company has operations in North America, Asia, Africa, Oceania, Australia, Europe, and Latin America, and is headquartered in Basel, Switzerland.
Healthcare Policies and Regulatory Landscape
Policy changes and Reimbursement scenario
There are around 25 active clinical trials in the UK, under development for Alzheimer’s disease, according to the National Clinical Trials Registry (NCT). Such factors are projected to contribute to the UK’s market growth. In Italy, the aging population of 13.93 million is estimated to reach 16.46 million by 2030. This is set to prompt the government to take the lead in preparing effective drugs. Currently, there are 16 active trials for Alzheimer’s disease as per the NCT. Moreover, according to Alzheimer Europe, an NGO, Italy launched the ‘Interceptor Project’ in December 2017 to identify people prone to Alzheimer’s disease. With the existing research-conducive public policy frameworks, the market in Italy is set to grow in the coming years.