Report Description of the Egypt Anti-Fungal Market
Research Scope and Assumption
- The report provides the market value for the base year 2020 and a yearly forecast up to 2028 in terms of revenue (USD billion)
- The key industry dynamics, regulatory scenario, reimbursement scenario, major market trends, and drug markets are evaluated to understand their impacts on the demand for the forecast period. The growth rates were estimated using correlation, regression, and time-series analysis
- We have used the combination of top-down and bottom-up approach for market sizing, analyzing key regional markets, dynamics, and trends for various solutions, services, and end uses
- All market estimates and forecasts have been validated through primary interviews with the Key Industry Players (KIPs) and secondary analysis
- Inflation has not been accounted for in order to estimate and forecast the market
- Numbers may not add up due to rounding off
- To analyze and forecast the market size of Egypt Anti-Fungal Drugs market
- To classify and forecast Egypt Anti-Fungal Market Drugs market based on application, drugs, project type, and application.
- To identify drivers and challenges for Egypt Anti-Fungal Drugs market
- To examine competitive developments such as mergers and acquisitions, agreements, collaborations and partnerships, etc., in Egypt Anti-Fungal Drugs market
- To conduct pricing analysis for Egypt Anti-Fungal Drugs market
- To identify and analyze the profile of leading players operating in Egypt Anti-Fungal Drugs market
Reason to buy the report:
- Facilitate decision-making based on strong current and forecast data for Anti-Fungal drug market
- Develop strategies based on the latest regulatory framework
- Strategically analyze micro-markets with respect to individual growth trends, future prospects, and their contribution to the market
- Analyze competitive developments such as expansions, investments, mergers & acquisitions, new product developments, and research & developments in the Anti-Fungal market
- Analyze the opportunities in the market for stakeholders and draw a competitive landscape for market leaders
- To strategically profile key players and comprehensively analyze their market shares and core competencies
- We have technically sound team which do a deep dive research and also provide strategy-based consulting analysis
Egypt Anti-Fungal Market Executive Summary
Anti-fungal agents are used in the treatment of fungal infections. According to global action fund for fungal infection, globally, over 300 billion people of all ages suffer from a serious fungal infection every year. In next few years, the market of anti-fungal in middle east expected to grow enormously with growing population.
Market Size and Key Findings
The Middle East Anti-Fungal market size is at around USD 4.3 billion in 2020 and is projected to reach USD 1.08 billion in 2021, exhibiting a CAGR of 3.462% during the forecast period.
The middle east Anti- Fungal Market, in the next few years is expected to grow enormously with the growing global population. Increase in the prevalence of fungal infection has prompted to manufactures to develop advanced formulation medication for better clinical outcomes. This in turn is propelling the growth of the market during the forecast period.
Market Growth Drivers Analysis
The market drivers include rising prevalence of fungal infections, rising awareness, rise of immunity deficient population such as geriatrics, rise in exposure to infectious agents due to environmental factors such as pollution especially by particulates and agriculture residues and climatic conditions such as humidity and temperature, occupational hazards such as Jock itch, crowding etc. Growth of fungal infection due to off label use of broad-spectrum antibiotics is a prime factor for the growing market for anti-fungal agents. Also, the rising population with a weak immune system, in whom fungal infections are much more than average, will drive the market. The high prevalence of conventional drugs used for the treatment of fungal infections is significantly restraining market growth.
The market restraints include rising resistance to anti-fungal agents, use of air filters and air conditioning, excellent spectrum and efficacy of Azole class of anti-fungal agents, loss of patents and generalization etc. Competition by generics is exceptionally strong and generics account for roughly 50% of total sales for anti-fungal agents. The market penetration is very easy as there has been loss of patents of blockbuster drugs. Over-the-counter drugs are an important reason for the growth of the anti-fungal agents market.
COVID-19 impact on “Egypt Anti-Fungal Market”
29 billion in 2021 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.1%. The growth is mainly due to the companies rearranging their operations and recovering from the COVID-19 impact, which had earlier led to restrictive containment measures involving social distancing, remote working, and the closure of commercial activities that resulted in operational challenges. The market is expected to reach $13.71 billion in 2025 at a CAGR of 7.4%
Some of the key players in this market are: Novartis AG, Pfizer, Inc., Sanofi-Aventis, Merck & Co., Inc., Enzon Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Bayer AG, Astellas Pharma, Inc., GlaxoSmithKline plc, Abbott, Sigma-Aldrich and others.
Products in Pipeline
While a new antifungal have been approved in decades, a number of drugs are undergoing clinical trials. These medicines in the pipeline involve new pathways or chemical modificationsto existing drugs. Their developers hope these inventions or modifications will help sidestep current problems with toxicity or fungal resistance. These new genertion therapy includes -Fosmanogepix, Olorfim,Ibexafungrep, Rezafungin, Oteseconazole and VT-1598.
Notable Recent Deals
Pfizer Inc. (NYSE: PFE) announced that it has acquired Amplyx Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a privately-held company dedicated to the development of therapies for debilitating and life-threatening diseases that affect people with compromised immune systems. Amplyx’s lead compound, Fosmanogepix (APX001), is a novel investigational asset under development for the treatment of invasive fungal infections.
Healthcare Policies and Regulatory Landscape
Pricing and Reimbursement scenario of Anti-Fungal Drug
There is moderate concern among payers regarding spend on anti-Fungal drugs, but access restrictions remain mild. The expenditures related to the use of antifungal drugs per febrile neutropenic episode were $3,857.85 for VOR; $15,783.34 for caspofungin, and $21,561.02 for L-AmB, respectively. The expenditure related to the use of posaconazole (POS) was $32,167.39 per patient for primary or secondary prophylaxis. Currently, price-controlled antifungal drugs are less commonly used by practitioners. This shows the need to bridge the gap between policy makers and health-care service providers to help the ailing population.