Report Description of the Brazil Oncology Drugs Market
Research Scope and Assumption
- The report provides the market value for the base year 2020 and a yearly forecast up to 2028 in terms of revenue (USD billion)
- The key industry dynamics, regulatory scenario, reimbursement scenario, major market trends, and drug markets are evaluated to understand their impacts on the demand for the forecast period. The growth rates were estimated using correlation, regression, and time-series analysis
- We have used the combination of top-down and bottom-up approach for market sizing, analyzing key regional markets, dynamics, and trends for various solutions, services, and end uses
- All market estimates and forecasts have been validated through primary interviews with the Key Industry Players (KIPs) and secondary analysis
- Inflation has not been accounted for in order to estimate and forecast the market
- Numbers may not add up due to rounding off
- To analyze and forecast the market size of Brazil Oncology Drugs Drugs market
- To classify and forecast Brazil Oncology Drugs Market market based on application, drugs, project type, and application.
- To identify drivers and challenges for Brazil Oncology Drugs market
- To examine competitive developments such as mergers and acquisitions, agreements, collaborations and partnerships, etc., in Brazil Oncology Drugs market
- To conduct pricing analysis for Brazil Oncology Drugs Drugs market
- To identify and analyze the profile of leading players operating in Brazil Oncology Drugs market
Reason to buy the report:
- Facilitate decision-making based on strong current and forecast data for Atopic Dermatitis drug market
- Develop strategies based on the latest regulatory framework
- Strategically analyze micro-markets with respect to individual growth trends, future prospects, and their contribution to the market
- Analyze competitive developments such as expansions, investments, mergers & acquisitions, new product developments, and research & developments in the Atopic Dermatitis market
- Analyze the opportunities in the market for stakeholders and draw a competitive landscape for market leaders
- To strategically profile key players and comprehensively analyze their market shares and core competencies
- We have technically sound team which do a deep dive research and also provide strategy-based consulting analysis
Brazil Oncology Drugs Market Executive Summary
The risk of getting cancer before the age of 75 is around 9.5% in Brazil. According to a survey carried out by the National Cancer Institute (Inca), approximately 600,000 new cases of cancer will appear in the country last year, which makes it a huge emerging market.
Market Size and Key Findings
The Brazil Oncology Drugs market size is at around USD 7.9 billion in 2020 and is projected to reach USD xx billion in 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 10.9% during the forecast period.
The major cases of oncology in the country are seen in prostate, breast, colorectum, lung, thyroid and others. Among these, prostate constitutes the major portion of the cases. Due to this, government has mandated few guidelines, to detect cases in its earlier stages. Thus, the growing incidence and prevalence of cancer are likely to drive the growth of the Oncology market in Brazil during the forecast period.
Market Growth Drivers Analysis
The major cancer driver is the lifestyle risk factors such as alcohol consumption, obesity, smoking, unhealthy diet and lack of physical activity are in line with one third of all the deaths caused by cancer. Increase in government expenditure, R&D investment and presence of new drugs in pipeline also affects the market growth.
Imbalance in the healthcare system, high risk of side effects associated with cancer treatment, risk related with high radiation exposure affecting use of CT scanners are likely to restrain the growth of the market.
COVID-19 impact on “Brazil Oncology Drugs Market”
The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted the most crucial areas of the oncology drugs market. Pandemic has directly affected the supply of oncology drugs to cancer patients; not only is it difficult to administer chemotherapy and certain other treatments outside of a clinic, but the spread of coronavirus has reduced patients’ willingness and ability to access not just treatments, but trials for new medicines. COVID-19’s interference with the research and development of new treatments is one of the most significant blows that has been dealt to the oncology drugs market. However, this situation is expected to change post COVID-19 pandemic in the coming years.
Due to its huge potential and untapped market, many major players are trying to enter into the market. Some major companies in the market are Astrazeneca, Novartis, Pfizer and Roche. Other than these major players, there are companies which manufacture drugs for rare mutations in cancer, some of those are Blueprint medicines, Ignyta, Loxo Oncology etc.
One major emerging player in the market in Fiocruz, who recently released its oncology drug with immunobiological technology, and because of its subsidised rates due to government policies.
Products in Pipeline
14 December 2021 – Roche (SIX: RO, ROG; OTCQX: RHHBY) announced results from the phase III POLARIX study showing that treatment with Polivy® (polatuzumab vedotin) in combination with MabThera®/Rituxan® (rituximab) plus cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin and prednisone (R-CHP) significantly reduced the risk of disease progression, relapse or death (progression-free survival; PFS) by 27% compared with the current standard-of-care, MabThera/Rituxan plus cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, vincristine and prednisone (R-CHOP), in people with previously untreated diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL). Safety outcomes were consistent with those seen in previous trials and the safety profile was comparable for Polivy plus R-CHP versus R-CHOP
Notable Recent Deals
April 6, 2021 – PlantForm Corporation, PlantPraxis Biotecnologia and Bio-Manguinhos/Fiocruz (Health Ministry of Brazil) announced a collaborative research and development agreement to develop a biosimilar pembrolizumab for the Brazilian market.The original antibody drug, pembrolizumab, is widely used in immunotherapy to treat a variety of cancers including melanoma, lung cancer, head and neck cancer, and stomach cancer. This agreement advances PlantForm’s collaborations in Brazil to make affordable, effective cancer drugs available to millions of Brazilians
Healthcare Policies and Regulatory Landscape
Policy changes and Reimbursement scenario of Brazil Oncology Drugs Services
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ: REGN)announced that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has accepted for priority review the supplemental Biologics License Application (sBLA) for PD-1 inhibitor Libtayo® (cemiplimab-rwlc) to treat patients with recurrent or metastatic cervical cancer whose disease progressed on or after chemotherapy. The target action date for the FDA decision is January 30, 2022. The sBLA is also being reviewed under the FDA’s Project Orbis initiative, which will allow for concurrent review by participating health authorities in Australia, Brazil, Canada and Switzerland. Additional global regulatory submissions are planned, including in the European Union (EU) by the end of 2021.