Report Description of the Brazil Dental Care Market Analysis
Research Scope and Assumption
- The report provides the market value for the base year 2020 and a yearly forecast up to 2028 in terms of revenue (USD billion)
- The key industry dynamics, regulatory scenario, reimbursement scenario, major market trends, and drug markets are evaluated to understand their impacts on the demand for the forecast period. The growth rates were estimated using correlation, regression, and time-series analysis
- We have used the combination of top-down and bottom-up approach for market sizing, analyzing key regional markets, dynamics, and trends for various solutions, services, and end uses
- All market estimates and forecasts have been validated through primary interviews with the Key Industry Players (KIPs) and secondary analysis
- Inflation has not been accounted for in order to estimate and forecast the market
- Numbers may not add up due to rounding off
Reason to buy the report:
- Facilitate decision-making based on strong current and forecast data for Brazil Dental Care Market Analysis
- Develop strategies based on the latest regulatory framework
- Strategically analyze micro-markets with respect to individual growth trends, future prospects, and their contribution to the market
- Analyze competitive developments such as expansions, investments, mergers & acquisitions, new product developments, and research & developments in the Brazil Dental Care Market Analysis
- Analyze the opportunities in the market for stakeholders and draw a competitive landscape for market leaders
- To strategically profile key players and comprehensively analyze their market shares and core competencies
- We have technically sound team which do a deep dive research and also provide strategy based consulting analysis
Brazil Dental Care Market Analysis Executive Summary
Dental instruments are tools that dental professionals use to provide dental treatment. They include tools to examine, manipulate, treat, restore, and remove teeth and surrounding oral structures. Standard instruments are the instruments used to examine, restore, and extract teeth, and to manipulate tissues. A dental crown covers the damaged tooth and restores its shape, size, strength, and improves its overall appearance. A dental bridge is used to fill the gap created by one or more missing teeth. A bridge is made up of two or more crowns for the teeth present on either side of the gap. After examination of the teeth, the dentist takes an impression of the tooth to provide an exact mold for the crown or bridge.
Market Size and Key Findings
The Brazil Dental Care Market Analysis size stood at around USD xx% billion in 2020 and is projected to reach USD xx billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 5.8% during the forecast period.
Market Growth Drivers Analysis
The market for dental devices in Brazil is being driven by factors such as rising government initiatives to simplify the regulations governing the manufacture, import, export, and sale. Along with that, a high number of dentists, growing cosmetic dentistry and technological advancements in dentistry are also contributing to the growth of the market.
High Cost of Surgeries, The increased cost of services due to high cost of dental equipment is a significant factor that may hamper the market growth during the forecast period. Hospitals may also be under more pressure to raise prices to compensate for lower volume. There are major opposing influences, though.
Covid-19 Market Impact Analysis
Dentists are a sector of the population with a high potential risk of infection and transmission of COVID-19. Concerning the use of PPE for infection control, our data showed that the majority of the respondents adopt it. It is possible that these add additional costs to the dental practices, justifying a higher financial burden on the private sector when the dentists spend their own resources to purchase these items. Furthermore, dentists also reported difficulties finding PPEs and some resorted to using reusable masks, in agreement with known bottlenecks for accessibility to PPE that includes supply chain shortages. COVID-19 pandemic caused major negative impacts on the routine of dentists in Brazil.
The Brazilian market for dental equipment has global as well as local players that are into device manufacturing. With the rising government support for medical device manufacturing, companies across the country are penetrating the market to gain profits and expand their new product divisions. Some small to mid-sized companies are expected to come into the market in the near future. Zimmer Biomet, Dentsply Sirona, Angelus Dental, Straumann, SIN Implant System are the major companies operating in Brazil Dental Market.
Products in Pipeline
- REGENERATIVE SOLUTIONS – The Custom Approach for Complex Defects
Puros Allograft Customized Blocks are a crucial developmental step in block grafting. A custom block is produced using CAD/CAM technology based on a CBCT/CT scan of the defect area. This makes the procedure more comfortable for your patient by reducing surgery time and minimizing the risk of complications.
Notable Recent Deals
- In August 2017, ANVISA also proposed extending registration validity timeframes from five to ten years, which may reduce the burden and cost of regulatory compliance for manufacturers of higher-risk devices.
- In January 2018, Brazilian imports of oral hygiene products amounted to nearly 1.3 thousand metric tons, up from approximately one thousand tons a year earlier.
Healthcare Policies and Regulatory Landscape
Policy changes and Reimbursement scenario
According to ABF – Brazilian Franchising Association – the dentistry and optics sectors are doing exceptionally well, as they recorded growth variation of 9.2%, compared to last year.
National Health Surveillance Agency (“ANVISA”), and the National Institute of Metrology Standardization and Industrial Quality (“INMETRO”) regulate the medical devices in Brazil. Both the agencies issue regulations to which medical devices companies must adhere to.
The Brazilian government is studying ways to simplify the requirements required to manufacture, import, export, and sale of medical devices in the country. Internationally, ANVISA is moving towards regulatory convergence by implementing new registration procedures based on best practices from the International Medical Device Regulator Forum (“IMDRF”). Also, in May 2019, ANVISA has issued a new regulation for a “notification” market pathway providing streamlined market access for low-risk devices. The dental devices come under low-risk devices and there has been streamlined access provided for the dental devices in Brazil.
Brazil has also formally implemented the Medical Device Single Audit Program (“MDSAP”) starting in January 2017 with the intention to introduce greater regulatory flexibility and reduce the regulatory barriers for medical device approvals for foreign manufacturers operating in Brazil. This is allowing the Brazilian market to have an increasing number of foreign dental device manufacturers. Owing to these factors, the dental equipment are being marketed largely which is augmenting the growth of the market.