Report Description of the APAC Vaccines Market Analysis
Research Scope and Assumption
- The report provides the market value for the base year 2020 and a yearly forecast up to 2028 in terms of revenue (USD billion)
- The key industry dynamics, regulatory scenario, reimbursement scenario, major market trends, and drug markets are evaluated to understand their impacts on the demand for the forecast period. The growth rates were estimated using correlation, regression, and time-series analysis
- We have used the combination of top-down and bottom-up approach for market sizing, analyzing key regional markets, dynamics, and trends for various solutions, services, and end uses
- All market estimates and forecasts have been validated through primary interviews with the Key Industry Players (KIPs) and secondary analysis
- Inflation has not been accounted for in order to estimate and forecast the market
- Numbers may not add up due to rounding off
Reason to buy the report:
- Facilitate decision-making based on strong current and forecast data for APAC Vaccines Market Analysis
- Develop strategies based on the latest regulatory framework
- Strategically analyze micro-markets with respect to individual growth trends, future prospects, and their contribution to the market
- Analyze competitive developments such as expansions, investments, mergers & acquisitions, new product developments, and research & developments in the APAC Vaccines Market Analysis
- Analyze the opportunities in the market for stakeholders and draw a competitive landscape for market leaders
- To strategically profile key players and comprehensively analyze their market shares and core competencies
- We have technically sound team which do a deep dive research and also provide strategy based consulting analysis
APAC Vaccines Market Analysis Executive Summary
Vaccines are product that work with the body’s immune system to protect against dangerous infections, lowering the chance of contracting a disease. Vaccines for life threatening infections have been developed preventing around 2-3 million fatalities each year from disease such as tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis, measles, and influenza.
Market Size and Key Findings
The APAC Vaccines Market Analysis size stood at around USD 7.25 billion in 2020 and is projected to reach USD xx billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 6.4% during the forecast period.
The Asia Pacific vaccines market is expected to reach US$ xx Million in 2028 from US$ 7,254.5 Million in 2020. The market is estimated to grow with a CAGR of 6.4% from 2020-2028.
Market Growth Drivers Analysis
Rising awareness of vaccination benefits in emerging markets is further expected to foster the vaccine market growth in APAC. Consumer affordability growth, especially in emerging markets, will drive vaccine market sales, especially for self-payed (Category II) vaccines. Inactivated vaccines are expected to dominate the market owing to its benefits, including a long-shelf life and high stability. DNA vaccines are expected grow fast, mainly due to high specificity and reduced risk of genome integration as compared to traditional vaccines. High number of promising compounds in the vaccine pipeline. Vaccines in Phase III clinical trials include fatal diseases like HIV/AIDS and malaria.
Limited awareness of infectious diseases and prevention, especially in emerging markets. Limited physician and hospital accessibility in emerging markets constrains access to vaccines. Continued trust in public and private vaccine systems is critical. China’s 2018 vaccine contamination / quality issues triggered a flight to quality with a push by parents for more Australian vaccines. Individuals are still unconvinced that vaccine offers protection or that it is safe. Mismatch in perception between price and value.
Some of the major primary and secondary sources for vaccines included in the report are Immunization Partners in Asia Pacific (IPAP), Food and Drug Administration, World Health Organization, National Polio Surveillance Project (NPSP), Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunization (GAVI) and Others.
- PFIZER INC
- GlaxoSmithKline plc.
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc.
- Panacea Biotic Limited
Products in Pipeline
Across all disease areas, 214 vaccines are in various phases of development. Top three disease areas with candidate products are HIV/AIDS (40), malaria (32) and pneumococcal infections (27). There are 20 vaccines in Phase-III development stage, with most phase-III products for pneumococcal infections and rabies.
Notable Recent Deals
- For instance, India, along with other WHO South East Asia Region member countries, has initiated a campaign to eradicate measles and control rubella/congenital rubella syndrome (CRS) by 2020.
Healthcare Policies and Regulatory Landscape
Policy changes and Reimbursement scenario
In more developed APAC countries, government focus on vaccinations has increased coverage of strains on national immunization programs. In developing APAC countries, the GAVI Alliance contributed to the funding of immunization. The campaigns by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare aims to immunize 41 crore children in India. The first phase of the campaign was successfully completed in February 2017 in five states, namely, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Goa, Lakshadweep, and Puducherry. Over 3.3 crore children were vaccinated, reaching out to 97% of the targeted age group. The campaign was conducted in schools, community centers, and other health facilities. There are several vaccination programs, campaigns, conferences, being held in the Asia Pacific region in order to raise awareness among the population.