Report Description of the APAC Parkinson’s Disease Treatment Market Analysis
Research Scope and Assumption
- The report provides the market value for the base year 2020 and a yearly forecast up to 2028 in terms of revenue (USD billion)
- The key industry dynamics, regulatory scenario, reimbursement scenario, major market trends, and drug markets are evaluated to understand their impacts on the demand for the forecast period. The growth rates were estimated using correlation, regression, and time-series analysis
- We have used the combination of top-down and bottom-up approach for market sizing, analyzing key regional markets, dynamics, and trends for various solutions, services, and end uses
- All market estimates and forecasts have been validated through primary interviews with the Key Industry Players (KIPs) and secondary analysis
- Inflation has not been accounted for in order to estimate and forecast the market
- Numbers may not add up due to rounding off
Reason to buy the report:
- Facilitate decision-making based on strong current and forecast data for APAC Parkinson’s Disease Treatment Market Analysis
- Develop strategies based on the latest regulatory framework
- Strategically analyze micro-markets with respect to individual growth trends, future prospects, and their contribution to the market
- Analyze competitive developments such as expansions, investments, mergers & acquisitions, new product developments, and research & developments in the APAC Parkinson’s Disease Treatment Market Analysis
- Analyze the opportunities in the market for stakeholders and draw a competitive landscape for market leaders
- To strategically profile key players and comprehensively analyze their market shares and core competencies
- We have technically sound team which do a deep dive research and also provide strategy based consulting analysis
APAC Parkinson’s Disease Treatment Market Analysis Executive Summary
Parkinson’s is a type of movement disorder that affects the ability to perform common daily activities. It is a chronic and progressive disease. It is characterized by its most common motor related symptoms like tremors (a form of rhythmic shaking), stiffness or rigidity of muscles, and slowness of movement (called bradykinesia). Also, non-motor symptoms including sleep problems, constipation, anxiety, depression, fatigue, and others.
Market Size and Key Findings
The APAC Parkinson’s Disease Treatment Market Analysis size stood at around USD 1.04 billion in 2020 and is projected to reach USD xx billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 6.79% during the forecast period.
The size of the Asia Pacific Parkinson’s Disease Treatment Market was worth USD 1.04 billion in 2020 and estimated to be growing at a CAGR of 6.79%, to reach USD xx billion by 2028.
Market Growth Drivers Analysis
An increasing account of the geriatric population and continuously growing patient base are likely to boost the demand for Parkinson’s treatments and expand growth opportunities for the stakeholders in the APAC market. The continually increasing number of aging people and increased prevalence of Parkinson’s disease are the major factors that are boosting the demand of the Asia Pacific Parkinson’s disease treatment market. The development of innovative and novel treatment methods and increasing popularity for minimally invasive surgeries among the people are propelling the growth of the Asia Pacific Parkinson’s disease treatment market. The increasing awareness among the people regarding healthcare is also boosting up the growth rate of Parkinson’s disease treatment market in the Asia Pacific.
Stringent regulatory rules and policies are the significant challenges to the growth rate of Parkinson’s disease treatment market in this area. Unfavorable reimbursement policies are limiting the growth of Asia Pacific Parkinson’s disease treatment market. The availability of alternative treatments is a major challenge for the growth of the Asia Pacific Parkinson’s disease treatment market and is expected to restrain the market during the forecast period.
COVID-19 impact on “APAC Parkinson’s Disease Treatment Market”
The COVID-19 pandemic is associated with wide-ranging effects on people with PD, and certain groups may be at particular risk. The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted the management of patients with neurological disorders. In general, replacing outpatient care with telemedicine, postponing surgery, including deep brain stimulation, and avoiding nonemergency hospitalizations have been recommended for patients with PD and other movement disorders during the COVID-19 pandemic
Leading companies dominating the APAC Parkinson’s Disease Treatment Market profiled in this report are Teva (Israel), Novartis AG (Switzerland), GSK (UK), AbbVie (US), Merck (US). Boehringer Ingelherm (Germany), Impax Laboratories (US), Lundbeck (Denmark), Sun Pharma (India), Wockhardt (India), UCB (Belgium), Valeant Pharmaceuticals (Canada), and Acadia (US).
Products in Pipeline
In February 2018, Adamas Pharmaceuticals, Inc. announced subgroup analyses of Parkinson’s disease patients taking amantadine immediate release (IR) who are still experiencing dyskinesia and enrolled into EASE LID 2, the long-term. Ongoing phase 3 open label study of GOCOVRI™ (amantadine) extended release capsules results show that there is around 35% improvements in motor applications. The safety and tolerability profile of this patient was observed to be consistent without any adverse effects. Additionally, most of the major players have a robust drug pipeline for the treatment of Parkinson’s disease.
According to Clinicaltrials, to treat Parkinson’s disease NLY01 is in Phase 2 clinical trials. The Phase 2 study is designed to access the safety, tolerability, and efficacy of NLY01 for early untreated Parkinson’s disease (PD). Evidence suggests that NLY01, a pegylated form of exenatide can prove beneficial in Parkinson’s disease and is being developed as a potential treatment for neurodegenerative disorders. Actual start date of the study was February 2020 and estimated completion date is August 2022.
Notable Recent Deals
- In June 2016, ACADIA Pharmaceuticals announced approval of NUPLAZID™ (pimavanserin) by the FDA. This is the first drug used for the treatment of hallucinations and delusions associated with Parkinson’s disease psychosis.
- In 2016, Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (India) entered distribution agreement with Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma Corporation (Japan) to distribute 14 prescription brands that include Parkinson’s disease drug Parlodel in Japan.
- In August 2020, Biogen announced collaboration with Denali on LRRK2 program for Parkinson’s disease and certain TV platform enabled programs for neurodegenerative disease.
Healthcare Policies and Regulatory Landscape
Policy changes and Reimbursement scenario
Increasing focus on the R&D activities by the private and public organizations for developing novel and innovative treatment methods owing to immense advancements in healthcare are expected to be creating more growth opportunities for the market over the forecast period. Since 1978, the development of clinical research and bedside work of PD in China is fascinating. The amount of publications increases from zero to the second place in the world. The bedside work develops from personal experience to standardized diagnosis and treatment. By 2030, there will be a half of worldwide PD patients in China. There are more and more doctors paying attention to PD. Clinical researches provide important data for amending health policies of PD, such as cost for DBS could be reimbursed in health insurance for PD. However, several problems remain to be solved. Huge burden of tertiary hospital doctors, lack of experienced doctors in primary and secondary hospitals in PD, and the lack of dual referral system in tertiary network are the current major issues. Lack of standardized PD database is another issue. Chinese expert consensus on clinical database construction of PD and movement disorders brought up by CMDS has been published recently to standardize the construction on clinical database. Due to uneven disease education level of PD, visiting rate and treatment rate are low and imbalanced among different areas. High quality clinical research articles are few currently. Noted, most articles are focused in Han ethnicity. The 55 minor ethnicities are seldom covered in most researches. There are slightly different beliefs and lifestyles of these minor ethnicities. But few researches focused on minor ethnicities. More researches focused on PD in minor ethnicities are warranted.