Report Description of the APAC NSCLC Therapeutics Market Analysis
Research Scope and Assumption
- The report provides the market value for the base year 2020 and a yearly forecast up to 2028 in terms of revenue (USD billion)
- The key industry dynamics, regulatory scenario, reimbursement scenario, major market trends, and drug markets are evaluated to understand their impacts on the demand for the forecast period. The growth rates were estimated using correlation, regression, and time-series analysis
- We have used the combination of top-down and bottom-up approach for market sizing, analyzing key regional markets, dynamics, and trends for various solutions, services, and end uses
- All market estimates and forecasts have been validated through primary interviews with the Key Industry Players (KIPs) and secondary analysis
- Inflation has not been accounted for in order to estimate and forecast the market
- Numbers may not add up due to rounding off
Reason to buy the report:
- Facilitate decision-making based on strong current and forecast data for APAC NSCLC Therapeutics Market Analysis
- Develop strategies based on the latest regulatory framework
- Strategically analyze micro-markets with respect to individual growth trends, future prospects, and their contribution to the market
- Analyze competitive developments such as expansions, investments, mergers & acquisitions, new product developments, and research & developments in the APAC NSCLC Therapeutics Market Analysis
- Analyze the opportunities in the market for stakeholders and draw a competitive landscape for market leaders
- To strategically profile key players and comprehensively analyze their market shares and core competencies
- We have technically sound team which do a deep dive research and also provide strategy based consulting analysis
APAC NSCLC Therapeutics Market Analysis Executive Summary
Asia Pacific non-small cell lung cancer treatment market is anticipated to grow at a prime CAGR in the coming future. Increasing incidences of various cancers, coupled with huge unmet medical needs, will likely provide a way for improving the adoption of non-small cell lung cancer treatments at a rapid rate. Rise in government initiatives in the developing economies such as China and India to enhance the current awareness regarding this disease among the consumers will further propel the Asia Pacific non-small cell lung cancer treatment market substantially till the end of 2025.
Market Size and Key Findings
The APAC NSCLC Therapeutics Market Analysis size stood at around USD xx billion in 2020 and is projected to reach USD xx billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of xx% during the forecast period.
Market Growth Drivers Analysis
Non-small cell lung cancer treatment market will witness robust growth primarily owing to increasing disease awareness among the population across APAC. Favorable government regulations to reduce the cancer incidences, such as smoking control regulations, etc. will act as another significant factor driving the market over the projected period.
Rapid approvals of various drugs such as Fluorouracil, Carboplatin, etc. for treating non-small cell lung cancer will further trigger the market growth.
The vendor landscape of the non-small cell lung cancer therapeutics market is a fragmented one because of the presence of numerous leading companies. Some of the most prominent brands in the global market are AstraZeneca Plc., Pfizer Inc., Eli Lilly and Company, Boehringer Ingelheim, Squibb, and Bristol Myers among others.
Products in Pipeline
March 2016, Tagrisso received approval in Japan for the treatment of EGFR T790M mutation-positive recurrent or inoperable NSCLC. About 30% – 40% of Asian NSCLC patients have EGFR mutation at diagnosis. Hence, the development of such targeted therapies is likely to boost the market during the forecast period.
Notable Recent Deals
- In August 2018, Merck received an approval from the U.S. FDA for Keytruda-chemotherapy combination for treating non-squamous non-small cell lung cancer. This treatment can be used as first-line treatment for patients suffering from metastatic non-squamous non-small cell lung cancer.
Healthcare Policies and Regulatory Landscape
Policy changes and Reimbursement scenario
The current scenario of therapeutics for NSCLC is mainly based on the use of targeted therapies and immunotherapy’s. Especially the current paradigm is mainly associated with treatment specific to mutations that occur in NSCLC. NSCLC is characterized by the availability of a high number of branded therapies such as Keytruda, Opdivo, Tecentriq, Tagrisso, and others. Due to the high costs, some of the therapies are not able to show their cost-effectiveness and are unable to get a recommendation by assessment agencies. So, the access and reimbursement scenario of drugs for NSCLC is not easy as cost-effectiveness is a major barrier for therapies in NSCLC.
The recommendation of some drugs by NICE which are approved for NSCLC are Opdivo (Nivolumab), Tagrisso (osimertinib), Alunbrig (brigatinib), Keytruda (pembrolizumab), Nintedanib in combination with docetaxel, Durvalumab, Atezolizumab with carboplatin and nab-paclitaxel, among others.