Report Description of the APAC Insulin Market
Research Scope and Assumption
• The report provides the market value for the base year 2020 and a yearly forecast up to 2028 in terms of revenue (USD billion)
• The key industry dynamics, regulatory scenario, reimbursement scenario, major market trends, and drug markets are evaluated to understand their impacts on the demand for the forecast period. The growth rates were estimated using correlation, regression, and time-series analysis
• We have used the combination of top-down and bottom-up approach for market sizing, analyzing key regional markets, dynamics, and trends for various solutions, services, and end uses
• All market estimates and forecasts have been validated through primary interviews with the Key Industry Players (KIPs) and secondary analysis
• Inflation has not been accounted for in order to estimate and forecast the market
• Numbers may not add up due to rounding off
Reason to buy the report:
• Facilitate decision-making based on strong current and forecast data for APAC Insulin Market
• Develop strategies based on the latest regulatory framework
• Strategically analyze micro-markets with respect to individual growth trends, future prospects, and their contribution to the market
• Analyze competitive developments such as expansions, investments, mergers & acquisitions, new product developments, and research & developments in the APAC Insulin Market
• Analyze the opportunities in the market for stakeholders and draw a competitive landscape for market leaders
• To strategically profile key players and comprehensively analyze their market shares and core competencies
• We have technically sound team which do a deep dive research and also provide strategy-based consulting analysis
APAC Insulin Market Executive Summary
Insulin is a hormone, which facilitates the entry of glucose into the blood cells. The body’s inability to produce an appropriate amount of insulin leads to the accumulation of sugar in the bloodstream leading to a rise in blood sugar levels and eventually diabetes. The growing global prevalence of diabetes and the increasing incidence rates of lifestyle-induced disorders such as obesity.
Growing regional prevalence of diabetes, increasing market penetration rates of modern insulin products in emerging markets such as India and China are expected to drive market growth during the forecast period. Furthermore, patent expiration of key products such as Lantus is expected to trigger the manufacturing of biosimilars from local manufacturers such as Biocon.
Market Size and Key Findings
The APAC Insulin Market size stood at around $15.4 billion in 2020 and is projected to reach USD xx billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of xx% during the forecast period.
The presence of a strong product pipeline portfolio and the future commercialization of these products is expected to serve this market as a future growth opportunity. The Asia Pacific insulin market is dominated by three major companies including Novo Nordisk, Eli Lilly, and Sanofi Aventi.
Market Growth Drivers Analysis
Growing regional prevalence of diabetes, increasing market penetration rates of modern insulin products in emerging markets such as India and China are expected to drive market growth during the forecast period.
Since, the Asian countries reside majorly in the middle-income group, diagnosis and treatment of diabetes does not reach to a large part of the population. Lack of awareness and affordability are the biggest hindrance. The world’s largest diabetic population resides in Asia Pacific due to which the demand for insulin is on a constant rise. Japan, China and India are the important markets in the region.
COVID-19 impact on “APAC Insulin Market”
Amidst the pandemic situation, APAC Insulin Market has been hindered as every industry got a worst hit by COVID. But APAC Insulin Market is quickly reaching its pre-COVID levels and a healthy growth rate is expected over the forecast period driven by the V-shaped recovery in most of the developing nations.
The “APAC Insulin Market” study report will provide valuable insights with an emphasis on the APAC market including some of the key market players such as Novo Nordisk, Eli Lilly and Company, Sanofi Aventis, Takeda Pharmaceuticals, Oramed Pharmaceuticals, Nanjing Xinbai Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd. and Boehringer Ingelheim.
Our market analysis also entails a section solely dedicated to such major players wherein our analysts provide an insight to the financial statements of all the major players, along with its product benchmarking and revenue analysis. The competitive landscape section also includes key development strategies, market share, and market ranking analysis of the above-mentioned players.
Notable Recent Deals
Korean biosimilar firm Celltrion’s USD 266 million acquisition of Japanese outfit Takeda assets in the Asia-Pacific region. The new global strategy for Takeda is centred on four core therapeutic areas: Oncology, Gastroenterology (GI), Neuroscience, and Rare Diseases, with some allowances for targeted R&D investments into other areas like Plasma-Derived Therapies (PDT) and Vaccines.