Report Description of the APAC Home Healthcare Market Analysis
Research Scope and Assumption
- The report provides the market value for the base year 2021 and a yearly forecast up to 2030 in terms of revenue (USD billion)
- The key industry dynamics, regulatory scenario, reimbursement scenario, major market trends, and drug markets are evaluated to understand their impacts on the demand for the forecast period. The growth rates were estimated using correlation, regression, and time-series analysis
- We have used the combination of top-down and bottom-up approach for market sizing, analyzing key regional markets, dynamics, and trends for various solutions, services, and end uses
- All market estimates and forecasts have been validated through primary interviews with the Key Industry Players (KIPs) and secondary analysis
- Inflation has not been accounted for in order to estimate and forecast the market
- Numbers may not add up due to rounding off
Reason to buy the report:
- Facilitate decision-making based on strong current and forecast data for APAC Home Healthcare Market Analysis
- Develop strategies based on the latest regulatory framework
- Strategically analyze micro-markets with respect to individual growth trends, future prospects, and their contribution to the market
- Analyze competitive developments such as expansions, investments, mergers & acquisitions, new product developments, and research & developments in the APAC Home Healthcare Market Analysis
- Analyze the opportunities in the market for stakeholders and draw a competitive landscape for market leaders
- To strategically profile key players and comprehensively analyze their market shares and core competencies
- We have technically sound team which do a deep dive research and also provide strategy based consulting analysis
APAC Home Healthcare Market Analysis Executive Summary
Home health care is a wide range of health care services that can be given in your home for an illness or injury. Home health care is usually less expensive, more convenient, than and just as effective as care you get in a hospital or skilled nursing facility (SNF). The market for home healthcare has a scope in medicinal gadgets, which help patients analyse or treat different sicknesses. Home healthcare devices play a pivotal part in providing reasonably priced healthcare medicines to patients.
Market Size and Key Findings
The APAC Home Healthcare Market Analysis size stood at around USD 67.3 billion in 2020 and is projected to reach USD xx billion by 2030, exhibiting a CAGR of 11.48% during the forecast period.
The size of the Home Healthcare Market in the Asia Pacific is predicted to be growing at a CAGR of 11.48% from 2020 to 2030. The market size is estimated to value USD xx billion by 20230 from USD 67.3 billion in 2020.
Market Growth Drivers Analysis
The Asia Pacific home healthcare market is developing at a promising CAGR because of the growing elderly population and the rising number of people determined to fight diseases like heart issues, diabetes, and different respiratory sicknesses. Moreover, Asia-Pacific home healthcare devices are still in the early stages. These factors are driving home healthcare gadgets during the review time and henceforth will support market growth. Additionally, factors such as the growing number of patients with chronic diseases and the rise in the urban population are expected to favour the APAC home healthcare market. Home healthcare is cheaper than the treatment cost in hospitals, which is primarily broadening the market’s growth. The rising scale of home healthcare companies across the region increases investments in manufacturing simple and convenient equipment by the government to bolster market growth. The growing geriatric population and increasing respiratory problems and kidney issues are further expected to accelerate the market’s growth rate.
The high cost combined with the repayment issues related to the selection of home healthcare devices would control the market development. In addition, increasing expenditure on healthcare in most countries is a major factor propelling the growth of the home healthcare market in the Asia Pacific. Stringent rules and regulations by the government are hindering the demand for the home healthcare market in this region. In addition, rapid changes in economic strategies are quietly inhibiting the growth of the market.
COVID-19 impact on “APAC Home Healthcare Market”
The healthcare industry witnessed a shift in trends towards home healthcare as compared to hospital care due to revised norms with regards to the COVID-19 pandemic. Since the COVID-19 Pandemic has revealed a significant gap in many countries pertaining to the adequate healthcare staff for home settings, various strategies are being undertaken by the providers, such as a dedicated hotline for handling queries related to C0VID-19 emergencies.
A few of the prominent companies operating in the APAC home healthcare market profiled in the report are Almost Family Inc., Amedisys Inc., General Electric Company (GE), Kinnser Software Inc., Linde Group, Omron Corporation, Roche Holding AG, Philips Healthcare, Mckesson Corporation, LHC Group Inc., Kindred Healthcare, Fresenius Se & Co Kgaa, Abbott Laboratories, and Apria Healthcare Group.
Products in Pipeline
- Brand Name – GSK3888550A † RSV
- Indication – Respiratory syncytial virus prophylaxis in pregnant woman population to prevent respiratory syncytial virus lower respiratory tract illness in infants during first months of life by transfer of maternal antibodies
- Phase – III
- Mode of action – Recombinant protein vaccine
Notable Recent Deals
The Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS) has a long history of GE collaboration in the co-development of innovative MR orthopedic solutions, such as imaging around metal implants, quantitative characterization of cartilage and nerve imaging, to name a few.
Healthcare Policies and Regulatory Landscape
Policy changes and Reimbursement scenario
In Asia, rising patient awareness of homecare and an expanding middle class mean that demand for home healthcare is exploding. The Asian market for home healthcare products and services has a double digit annual growth rate. The fast expansion of technology is one key driver of the Asian home healthcare market’s quick growth.
Healthcare IT will be key in addressing the many unmet medical needs of Asian countries. The Asia-Pacific mobile health service industry alone will be worth almost $8 billion by 2018, with most value in telemonitoring and diagnostic services.
By 2018, China will be the largest Asian mobile health service user in terms of revenue — accounting for almost $3 billion. Japan will be the second largest mobile health service market with revenues of $1.5 billion, while India will be third with revenues of close to $1 billion.
Lifestyle differences between the U.S. and Asian countries should be considered when exporting and marketing medical device products in Asia. For instance, Japanese homes are much smaller and have more narrow doorways — so the size of products should be reduced accordingly. Other differences, such as common home furnishings, sleeping mats and showering customs, should also be taken into consideration.