Report Description of the APAC Hepatitis Therapeutics Market Analysis
Research Scope and Assumption
- The report provides the market value for the base year 2020 and a yearly forecast up to 2028 in terms of revenue (USD billion)
- The key industry dynamics, regulatory scenario, reimbursement scenario, major market trends, and drug markets are evaluated to understand their impacts on the demand for the forecast period. The growth rates were estimated using correlation, regression, and time-series analysis
- We have used the combination of top-down and bottom-up approach for market sizing, analyzing key regional markets, dynamics, and trends for various solutions, services, and end uses
- All market estimates and forecasts have been validated through primary interviews with the Key Industry Players (KIPs) and secondary analysis
- Inflation has not been accounted for in order to estimate and forecast the market
- Numbers may not add up due to rounding off
Reason to buy the report:
- Facilitate decision-making based on strong current and forecast data for APAC Hepatitis Therapeutics Market Analysis
- Develop strategies based on the latest regulatory framework
- Strategically analyze micro-markets with respect to individual growth trends, future prospects, and their contribution to the market
- Analyze competitive developments such as expansions, investments, mergers & acquisitions, new product developments, and research & developments in the APAC Hepatitis Therapeutics Market Analysis
- Analyze the opportunities in the market for stakeholders and draw a competitive landscape for market leaders
- To strategically profile key players and comprehensively analyze their market shares and core competencies
- We have technically sound team which do a deep dive research and also provide strategy based consulting analysis
APAC Hepatitis Therapeutics Market Analysis Executive Summary
Hepatitis is caused due to different infections known as infection A, infection B, infection C, infection D, infection E and infection G. The disease prompts irritation of liver tissues, which can trigger liver cirrhosis and malignant growth. The disease decreases liver capacity and harm to other body capacities. Hepatitis can be acute and chronic both. Among every one of the kinds, hepatitis B and C are the most hazardous and hard to treat.
Market Size and Key Findings
The APAC Hepatitis Therapeutics Market Analysis size stood at around USD xx billion in 2020 and is projected to reach USD xx billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 5.8% during the forecast period.
The Asia Pacific market is expected to witness the fastest growth rate of 5.8% over the forecast period. High disease burden, growing access to medicines, improvement in healthcare & sanitation, and rising awareness about the hepatitis vaccination are expected to positively reinforce the growth prospects in the region. For instance, countries such as India, China, Indonesia, and other South Asian economies are constantly increasing their healthcare expenditure and reimbursement coverage to help more people avail quality healthcare services.
Market Growth Drivers Analysis
The development of the hepatitis therapeutics market is driven by ascend in commonness of different hepatitis, expanding research and development work, clinical preliminaries of hepatitis drugs, expansion in number of item endorsements and product launches and development of novel hepatitis drugs in the treatment of different kinds of hepatitis. Increasing research coordinated efforts for the development of powerful medications in pipeline drives the market growth significantly. Besides, associations and joint effort in significant organizations ascend in persistent mindfulness in regards to hepatitis therapeutics treatment, and presentation of low-estimated hepatitis therapeutics is different variables that support the development of the market.
Significant expense of hepatitis drugs is relied upon to limit the development of the hepatitis therapeutics market.
COVID-19 impact on “APAC Hepatitis Therapeutics Market”
The outbreak of COVID-19 has disrupted workflows in the healthcare sector across the world. The disease has forced a number of industries to shut their doors temporarily, including several sub-domains of healthcare. Concerns were identified with the security and viability of COVID-19 antibodies for individuals living with hepatitis B and liver illness. In 2020, the COVID-19 pandemic disturbed the whole HCV benefits worldwide, with 25% fewer patients being started on treatment than in 2019. Hence, the overall impact of COVID-19 on hepatitis therapeutics market is positive, which will further drive the market growth.
The key market players profiled in the report include Abbvie Inc., Bristol Myers & Squibb, Cipla Inc., Gilead Sciences Inc., GlaxoSmithKline Plc, Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., Lupin Ltd., Merck & Co. Inc., Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., and Zydus Cadila.
Products in Pipeline
The hepatitis C market is currently dominated by highly efficacious DAAs. Sovaldi (sofosbuvir), Gilead’s pan-genotypic HCV polymerase (NS5B) inhibitor, has been the cornerstone of the market for the last two years in the Asia-Pacific region. This success illustrates the importance of providing a drug with an excellent efficacy profile for the majority of patient groups simultaneously.
Notable Recent Deals
- Gilead has licensed 7 Indian manufacturers to supply some of the hepatitis drugs to different parts of the world. The countries covered as a part of this deal include more than 50% of the HCV infected population.
Healthcare Policies and Regulatory Landscape
Policy changes and Reimbursement scenario
National governments can play an important role in making their citizens aware of the importance of viral hepatitis, how to avoid getting infected and how to seek care. World Hepatitis Day (28 July), which was established in 2010 as part of the World Health Assembly resolution 63.18, is an important means of raising awareness about hepatitis. Two years after the passage of the resolution, almost 40% of responding Member States reported that they had engaged in activities to mark World Hepatitis Day. However, it is important for the remaining Member States, particularly where the burden of viral hepatitis is high, to organize World Hepatitis Day activities. Civil society organizations can play a significant role in further publicizing health messages for World Hepatitis Day and throughout the year. However, less than half of responding Member States reported that they collaborated with civil society groups within their countries to develop and implement the governmental viral hepatitis prevention and control programme.